The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is a powerhouse that can handle tasks such as Multi Window with ease.

tablet will not charge

Tablet will not charge

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

I read on a different post on this site, to disconnect it from the power cord. Then hold down the on/off button for 30 seconds & while STILL HOLDING DOWN the POWER BUTTON, SLOWLY insert the power cable. Continue to hold down the power button for up to 30 seconds, AND VOILA, PRESTO, it was fixed WITHOUT taking the Tablet apart, WITHOUT spending a dime or even a penny!!!

ghanks for the advice,my tablet battery problem is fixed.

this sounded crazy...but in desperation i tried it and it actually worked...!!!

Just worked for me as well. Thanks!

OMG!!!! it works!!!

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick OMG, Thanks so much guys! Had just the same problem and did not expect that it would actually work. Tbo I thought all these comments were fake haha... well they're not. That's amazing!

Had same problem

1) replaced power cord; with much better quality

2) reconnected/soldered wiring inside at the power port; it came loose

Now works again!

Is there anyway to tell if it's the actual cord instead of the port itself before i purchase either or and not need the other which may not be eligible for return?

@llorona Lisa if you have access to another device that uses the same charge cord test it there but for the most part the cords are not expensive 5 to 10 dollar. the port is a different story depending on the machine it can be an easy fix or board level soldering which is a difficult fix. Start a new question and we can better answer your question . Give exact make and model

Samsung Galaxy Pro-Tab 12.2 will not charge:

a.) My first thought was to replace both: charger and power cord.

Both charger and power cord: can be connected and re-connected many times within a span of 24 hours. Over a period of months, wear occurs due to this process. A spare cord and charger, is not a bad thing to keep on hand.

b.) In that the cord and charger didn't solve the problem, the logical solution would be: replace the battery charging port. Repeat connection of the power cord to the charging port, results in wear over a period of time. I noticed the wear, in that the power cord did not grip the port as it once did.

For those that choose to replace the battery: care in connecting the battery plug to the tablet is crucial, in that the blades witch connect the plug to the tablet, are quite fragile. In one particular you-tube battery replacement video, the tech pointed out that the plug was damaged, and the tablet needed to be returned to Samsung for service. Factory service tends to be a bit expensive.

With the exception of this failure within the first sixteen months, I have had no other complaints with this tablet.

By - Paul Anderson Ed.D.

Derri Person will be eternally grateful.