The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 was released March, 2008. It is the third camera in the TZ series, with a 3.0 inch viewing screen, 28-280 lens (10x optical zoom) and 9.1 megapixels. The TZ5 also has 720p HD video recording.

lens error-message-please turn camera off and on again

When turning camera ON, all appears normal for a few seconds, then the ERROR MESSAGE "PLEASE TURN CAMERA OFF AND THEN TURN ON AGAIN".

When turning OFF, the lens stays out.

When turning back ON, the lens retracts, then extends and stays out, and the process repeats. (The shutter does not work during the few seconds that operation appears NORMAL.)

I've replaced the battery with a fully-charged one. No difference in operation.

It sounds like the lens is jamming. You might have some physical damage, some debris in the gears or mechanism, or it's just worn out. You could try taking it apart and cleaning out the gunk. Good luck, but you will probably end up buying a new, better camera.

Hi, jhkmtk44. Sorry for not being able to hand on some help on this issue.

On the contrary, I AM HAVING EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM TODAY... With my Lumix TZ60.

As your post was some time ago, perhaps you managed to work out a solution. If so, it would be great if you could share it with me.

Thanks and greetings from North Argentina.

Ana.

Hej

Having the same problem but the display says -system error (focus).

Any ideas

HansL

jhkmtk44 will be eternally grateful.