The first model of iPhone, Model A1203 with 4, 8, or 16 GB capacity and an aluminum back. Repair requires a significant amount of prying, and may require some soldering.

Replacing orange flex cable?

My reception is bad, it's because the orange antenna flex cable is cracked/bent..(presumably). I see the part online but I don't see how to repair/replace it. How do you install the iPhone 2g antenna flex? Would I need to get those white cables too?

the antenna is most likely not the problem, you could see it the metal inside the antenna would be broken.

i would rather check the white antenna cables and their connetors - somethimes the cables were simply clamped or teard out of the connectors - also sometimes the connectors were broken or had proken solderings - and in the worst case - the communications board could be faulty - but as i said - the antenna is most likely not the problem

versesketcher will be eternally grateful.