Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

3208 Questions View all

iPhone 4 water damage won't charge

yesterday i accidentally split water on iphone 4 .. after i know immediately dry by hair dryer .. and i just wait 24 hour and open back .. but no battery .. so i charge . unfortunately won't charge .. when i charge apple logo appear then off then again keep logo appear and off until i unplug .. any idea for this?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0

Comments:

hi guys .. thx for the reply

now i holding power button and home button during apple logo appear .. after this apple logo is disappear

however still can't charge .. now my problem is exactly same like under the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5K9S48...

i plug in but won't charge

by

Add a comment
Deck the Halls
With tools and Fix Kits

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

More than likely faulty battery.

Using a hair dryer was a bad idea though, you're only increasing the speed that corrosion develops on your phones logic board.

Dissemble the phone, clean the board with 99.9% isopropyl alcohol and toothbrush, make sure to remove the logic board shields to clean it all, then soak it in a tub of isopropyl alcohol, then after that let it dry, make sure to clean all the connectors such as LCD connectors, charging dock connector, clean inside the charging dock to.

Replace the battery as well, as batteries are very easily damaged with liquid damage.

:-)

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2

Comments:

hi guys .. thx for the reply now i holding power button and home button during apple logo appear .. after this apple logo is disappear however still can't charge .. now my problem is exactly same like under the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5K9S48... i plug in but won't charge

by

Add a comment

Hmm. If you had put the phone in rice, it might have fixed it. But you should NEVER use a hair dryer on any electronic device unless you know

•exactly where the battery is

•what you're doing

•where important sensitive components are (i. e. Logic board, LCD, etc)

Ged is probably right. You should replace the battery, but be careful- it is extremely difficult and you could hurt yourself trying to take it out. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but it has happened to me and if a battery is ruptured, it can release poisonous gases.

Was this answer helpful?

Score -2

Comments:

"If you had put the phone in rice, it might have fixed it" absolutley not. Rice has no use of any kind for the repair of submersion of electronic devices. It is one of the biggest myths out there.

by

ya .. i put the phone in rice .. but still can't .. maybe if change battery might fix it .. but if i change the battery i worry still happen like this

by

hi guys .. thx for the reply now i holding power button and home button during apple logo appear .. after this apple logo is disappear however still can't charge .. now my problem is exactly same like under the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5K9S48... i plug in but won't charge

by

Oldturkey is correct,

RICE IS USELESS.

By the way, removing the battery is a very easy process, and you won't hurt yourself, unless you decide to stab the battery, then things might change.

by

Ah. Thanks guys, I didn't realize I was so naive. I'd heard some people with firsthand accounts of the miraculous power of rice; not sure what was going on.

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

tattitsa will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 1

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 4

All Time: 169