Repair guides and support for coffee makers by Keurig including the K-Cup systems.

Why is it spitting coffee/grounds from top?

Wet coffee grounds are spitting out the top instead of dispensing into cup making a huge mess. We have tried cleaning, wiping and probing, same result. Where/what is the problem?

I have cleaned the needles both top and bottom and descaled machine.... What else parts are put back together. Reviews on this model are terrible!, say away from it

I'm using Keurig K-cups (not reusable) in a Keurig 2.0.

I have completed this cleaning routine over and over.

The unit is only 6 months old and only used by me maybe 5 cups per week.

It isn't random coups, but tends to be cups from a given box....improperly ground coffee? It then tends to happen to numerous cups until I give the rest to someone else.

Seal is pliable and intact and point is sharp.

Several forums just keep talking about cleaning out the grounds; that doesn't resolve the issue.

(and iFixit...I need more reputation points to indicate an answer wasn't helpful? I'm not "voting someone down" as your pop-up indicates, I'm simply indicating that didn't resolve the issue)

The issue will be with the black rubber grommet that should be in place around the base of the top spike. You have to look / feel upwards with fingers. A light will help. It provides the seal on top of the K-cups. If it is missing, it will leak. If it is dirty/ damaged/ covered with dry grounds, it will leak. Another post has a link to where to get replacements for just a couple of dollars if it is missing / needs replacement. Don't be told you are using the wrong brand coffee. Walmart brand works equally well.

I continue to have the same issue over and over. This just started happening about 8 months ago with my coffee maker that is about 5 years old. I was using brands and flavors that I've used for quite some time with success. I cleaned, descaled, made sure all needles were cleared numerous times. It would still brew some and make a disastrous mess with others.

I finally decided that my coffee maker needed to be replaced. Brand new coffee maker, great with some brands but still disastrous with other flavors within the brand and some brands that were fine before. The only common trait I could see is that if it happens with 1 Kcup in a box, it happens with all in the box.

I have opened several Kcups that were bad and find the bottom of the inner filter has been punctured. I now get a message telling me that my cup didn't finish brewing due to contents under pressure. I just want to be able to have my coffee without eating part of it while cleaning up messes.

Karri Glass, take a look at the puncture needle areas and make sure that bottom one is not clogged. That would cause all the pressure from the K-cup to go to the top. Step 2 on this guide should help you with that.

If you look up at the top needle you should see a black rubber grommit around the base (top) of the needle. This presses down on the top of the coffee pod to seal it.

I found ours had come off/fallen out and was laying on the counter top. It looked like a rubber foot for the coffee machine but there were none missing and I nearly threw it away.

Refitting it to the needle cured the leaking problem.

I had the exact same thing happen!!! Couldn't figure out where it went. No mention of it in the parts section of the manual. Glad I saved it!! Thanks!

Okay so there's a tiny little gasket around the top needle. This had come off for some reason causing my problem, thus the grounds spewing because there was nothing to hold things secure around the needle !$$&*. Solution: Called Keurig (they are wonderful) and they offered to send out a new gasket (free of charge and this was an older machine) along with a special tool it takes to get the gasket installed securely.

I recommend using a flashlight and looking at the base of the needle on top to see if the necessary little rubber grommet looking gasket somehow has dislodged and gotten discarded on the top of a K-cup most likely! Then call Keurig and see if they will help remedy your problem?

Kari, It sounds like you are trying to brew with a Keurig My-K reusable cup. Am I right? Check to be sure you removed the cup holder that came with the machine and replaced it with the My-K reusable filter. Here is a link to a video that explains how that is done. But you may still have some spitting coffee because Keurig My-K cups don't really work too well unless you modify the machine with the easy fix kit discussed elsewhere in this topic. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh7EC_cO...

There is an easy fix on ebay that may fix this. It's a new part that fits into the Keurig lid that tightens the seal on the K-cup lid to stop water and coffee and grounds from escaping when the brewer pumps water into the K-cup. It's about $3 and is money back guaranteed. Check the list provided for machine model this fits into.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLASTIC-REFILLAB...

It might be the use of K-cups that do not comply with Keurig design. These can cause too large of a hole to form at the top causing a leaky seal. Try using K-cups with the Keurig name, logo or both. The hole that gets made in the top should be more of a small circular nature rather than a larger triangular opening.

Your reusable k-cups need to be changed. I just had that problem and getting new k-cups worked

This problem is common to most brands of reusable - refillable k-cups. If you have one that does not leak after several weeks please tell us the brand.

I have no issues with folgers. However Dunkin Donuts and McCafe I have issues.

This is caused by the reusable k cups. Change those and the problem is solved .

This problem is common to most brands of reusable - refillable k-cups. If you have one that does not leak after several weeks please tell us the brand..

My brand new machine puts grounfds in McCafe but not Victor Allen why?

Karri Glass will be eternally grateful.