Repair guides and support for cars and other vehicles produced by the Chrysler division of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US LLC.

cruise control quit working

nothing works with the cruise, the "cruise on " indicator light doesn't come on when I push the cruise on/off button on steering wheel

2012 town and country

john b , Defective speed sensor, bad cruise switch/wire connection, bad brake light switch,etc can cause cruise not to work properly. If engine light on, record the code to help diagnose the issue. You may have to find a good Tech. to diagnose and estimate repair. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Most Helpful Answer

I have a 2012 Dodge Charger. The cruise control on off button sticks or doesn't make contact to turn on. I have found that if you whack the steering wheel hard on the back side of the module a few times it will most likely start working again. I know this isn't ideal and the module needs replaced but it does work until you can replace it.

We are on a long road trip to florida and the cruise quit. Started reading every post about it and found this one. Smacked the side of the steering wheel and I’ll be hanged if it dodnt turn back on.

This just happened to me and it worked! Seriously!! Jeremy... did you do anything long term?

It worked for me too!

Unbelievable I'm driving down the freeway hit the back of my steering wheel and it works

10/10. Worked in Canada too. Thanks Barry. You’re a genius.

Is the Check Engine light on? Alot of newer cars will disable the cruise control when the check engine light is on .

I have a 2014 T&C. I made a fist and smacked the side of the steering wheel (where the cruise control cluster of buttons is mounted) firmly 2x. I did not hit the buttons themselves or their housing directly. Result? Cruise icon lights up in the dash and cruise function works!

john b will be eternally grateful.