The Kindle 4 has 4 models released September 28,2011.

Why wont my kindle Charge

My kindle has been out of use for a while now. Last time I used it it was faultless. I have pulled it out to load a book and it is showing the charge picture on the screen. When I connect the charger it illuminates with a orange light but then after 30 seconds changes to a green light. After being on charge for a full night it is still showing the charge picture on the screen and it will not turn on. HELP

Most Helpful Answer

Try leaving the power button pressed for a LONG time. Sometimes kindles have to be reset. If 90secs have passed and you don't see anything different then let us know. Post your results either way :)

I have held the power button until it blinks twice then shuts off again - the screen still shows the battery icon - this is after I have charged all night - what gives?

danandlozza04, if your Kindle after a long time charging still does not take a charge, then it is possible that your battery has been discharged below its threshold to take a charge. This would require changing the battery. Here is a decent video about the replacement. The battery is available at multiple places of your choice.

danandlozza04 will be eternally grateful.