Parts & Tools

Repair guides and disassembly information for phones from all manufacturers and service providers, including Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy. Get everything you need to repair your phone yourself.

What is digitizer in cell phone parts?

Can anyone tell me the different between digitizer and LCD with digitizer? Are they the same thing? If you show me the pictures of them I would be very grateful!

Manta Driver Kit

112 bits for every fix.

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Manta Driver Kit

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Martin Benitez, the LCD is what shows the images. the digitizer is clear and is what allows your phone to work by touch. Most often it is adhered to the LCD. LCD with digitizer assemblies are in general easier to install. You do not have the hassle of trying to remove the old digitizer from the LCD. You will also need special tools to remove the digitizer from the LCD as well as applying special adhesive to "glue" it back on. For more info, take a look on here.

Martin Benitez will be eternally grateful.