Laptops manufactured by Asus.

My Asus windows 10 touchpad not working?

Anyways, I updated my laptop from windows 8 to windows 10. I would log onto the laptop and my touchpad would work for like a minute. Then all of a sudden, it won't work. I tried fn+f9 and mostly everything else but it just won't work. It won't let me move my cursor ANYWHERE and I can't click anything.

Hi. I am also having the same problem with my Asus after I updated to Windows 10. I can use the mouse with an external mouse, but not the touch pad. I tried utilizing the advice you posted. However, there is no Elan option all the way to the right. All it says is hardware, then when I click on the hardware the disable option for the mouse pad is gray and I am not able to click on it. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Thank you! It would be greatly appreciated!

Again, I described how to troubleshoot problems that occur with ASUS Smart Gesture after upgrading to Windows 10 here:

ASUS Smart Gesture and Windows 10 (Solution)

Now I can see the cursor, but it's not responding.

Can move cursor but cant open anything. Tried an external mouse but still nothing. Just upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago . It's an Asus x550c notebook. Any body for any ideas please

I've been fine with the new Windows 10 update for so long and until last night but this morning my touchpad isn't working. I don't know what's wrong with it but I really want it to work again. I love my laptop!!! :(

Here are the most up to date Asus drivers. These solve a lot of the problems which occur between Asus laptops and Win10, especially trackpad problems.

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers...

mil gracias...worked for me.

go to asustek and download Chipset, ATK package, Smart gesture.

unzip and install in that order, then reboot. Got this from an asus support tech by phone-no more problems!

I downloaded the Smart gesture update, however am unable to install it. It keeps reporting back the same error message: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

So I went on to download another one and still experienced the same problem.

Please help

Hi @rehposolihp ,

Try this link, click on Pointing devices to get to the Smart gesture drivers.

https://www.asus.com/au/support/Download... in case the drivers are corrupt from the other site.

Did you follow the directions and install the ATK Package drivers first before installing the Smart gesture drivers as directed by Asus?

@jayeff @rehposolihp that's a known issue, I wrote a detailed post about Windows Installer problem here:

http://ivanrf.com/en/asus-smart-gesture-...

BTW, drivers on the site will never be corrupt

F9 toggles Thouchpad ON/OFF on Asus G73 Jw.

Chuck

I've been using a wired mouse for like 5 months when it was just toggled off the whole time........ *facepalm*

Wow! I did not know that was possible, but YES, that was the problem with my ASUS GL551JW laptop. Thanks!

OMG I luv u!!! I thought I broke my laptop!!!! and I've only had it like a month

Perfectly simple solution for my ASUS x540L!

Chuck you crazy genius. I tried different ways, I did not know it was that simple. If I could show you how happily I am moving my mouse right now lol. Thank you.

meh when windows 10 installed it disabled it. u jus need to enable it again.hit the windows button on your keyboard to pull up the start menu. Tab down to Settings and then key down to Mouse and touchpad. Use your keyboard controls to go down to the bottom and highlight "additional mouse options," then hit enter. Go over to ELAN, then Highlight the ELAN input device. You should be able to enable or disable the device from there.

Omg thank you so much :D I tried t and it works! Thank you again

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly!

Thank you, I was beginning to wonder if upgrading was a mistake.

sweet thanks for the answer ...

I can get to the place but not sure how to get to Élan without the touchpad working

hello ,

yes i see lot of people are getting this issue with windows O.S . please try few steps and see if this works for you

You have to update the drivers

Follow these Steps:

a) Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard.

b) Type devmgmt.msc in search box and click on OK

c) Right Click on Mice and other pointing device or touch pad driver option

d) Click on update drives then click on Search automatically

if this does not work than follow this post easy-fix-touch-pad-problems-windows computer

after all steps try updating windows and restart the system once .

Great thanks, it worked, removed the problem.

After updating driver, then Restart. My Asus touchpad works fine again. Thank you so so much.

For your issue, please attach to an external mouse, then try to download and reinstall the ATK driver first and then reinstall the Touchpad driver from the following links:

– ATK driver (Version V1.0.0039)

– Touchpad driver (Version V4.0.6)

Even with the newest drivers, nothing. If I plug in an external mouse I see it in Device manager, but nothing for the touchpad. I've tried the latest version both for I3-4xxxU and I3-5xxxU cores. Neither fixes the problem. I guess I'll just wait and see if future drivers solve the problem.

i think after update of windows its been not working

you just need to restart some of the services and check the setting or any other any unwanted program brought up task manager. here is how i did it

went to "services" tab

Went down to "Launch Manager Service" (LMSvc)

Right clicked, selected restart. any other help visit asus website https://www.asus.com/us/support/ and you can get the latest driver and try resetting the old driver and i am sure this will help for sure

Two solutions for your reference.

Solution 1: Use troubleshooter

- Click ‘Start’ and ‘Control Panel’ then

- Enter ‘Troubleshooter’ in the search box, and click ‘Troubleshooting’

- Click ‘Configure a device’ under ‘Hardware and Sound’

Solution 2: Update touchpad driver

- Click ‘Start’ and Enter 'Device Manager'

- Find touchpad driver and right click, then select 'Update'

You could also use Driver Talent to help you to the driver. It could scan to detect all drivers, then verify the problematic driver, fix them for you finally. All this just need one mouse click.

Yessssss thanks so much. All of the other solutions weren't working and I went into troubleshooting and it fixed the problem. Thank you :)

Make sure your touchpad is enabled

Check in the "Mouse & touchpad" settings to make sure the touchpad is enabled.

Open the Settings menu (Start > Settings) and go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Additional mouse options.

The Mouse properties window.

The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (it may be called ELAN or Device Settings). Under Devices check to see that your touchpad is not disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click Enable.

One other thing to try is to see if your laptop has a function key that enables/disables the touchpad. It should look like a tiny touchpad with a diagonal line through it (on my laptop it's F6, on other laptops it may be Fn + F5, Fn + F6 or something else entirely). Try toggling this key if you have it before you freak out about possible touchpad woes.

Update your drivers also and restart windows thanks I hope these steps are helpful for you click bellow link for more easy steps and videos for this issue .Easy fix-Having touch pad problems in Windows 10

It worked...Thanks!

Use an external mouse go into settings and turn the touchpad back on under control panel and mouth during Windows 10 upgrade it will automatically turn off. In some cases you might have to go on the website of the manufacturer and download the drivers for the touchpad. Also make sure to unclick the box that says when external mouse is plugged in touchpad is turned off in case you leave your USB connection inside the computer when you're not using the external mouse.

I'm not exactly sure the reason your touchpad isn't working, it may be a defective touchpad, but there is something probably not configured right in your settings.

Try this: hit the windows button on your keyboard to pull up the start menu. Tab down to Settings and then key down to Mouse and touchpad. Use your keyboard controls to go down to the bottom and highlight "additional mouse options," then hit enter. Go over to hardware, then Highlight the ELAN input device. You should be able to hit the properties and then uninstall the drivers.

I found that after the driver was uninstalled, and the computer restarted, the problem was fixed on my laptop. Hope that helps.

Alright, I will try it. Thank you

tried it but it dosen't work

Hi,you need to update your bios for the touchpad, possibly update the drivers for your touchpad and you also NEED to update your CPU drivers. I have the acer es1-311 and after I installed the IO drivers for windows 10 then it worked fine again (this was after I updated the bios so this being needed is unsure).

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/driv...

you can find your make and model on this page and make sure you download the touchpad drivers, and bios update and also the IO driver for windows 10. For example my IO driver downloaded as a file named "IO Drivers_Intel_604.10135.1001.53001_W10x64_A" download the one for your model then extract and run. Everything should work fine from then on.

Hi I have Asus G551 and had the same problem as you have.

I did upgrade the driver from this site a and its done. Everything work just fine.

Hope will help you too.

Elan TouchPad Drivers Version 15.12.1.3 WHQL

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php...

Miro

Go to "this PC". Remove "Elan" in the Unistall or change a progam. Opt for a restart and your touchpad and mouse is working. so simple. I had the same problem.

If you enable ELAN driver, you will be using a Toshiba driver instead of the ASUS driver.

I described how to troubleshoot problems that occur with ASUS Smart Gesture after updating to Windows 10 here:

ASUS Smart Gesture and Windows 10

Hi, Ivan. I have tried "all", and I mean all, the suggested fixes from your website and others. So far nothing has worked. The Smart Gesture icon appears in device manager but when I click it, it says "hardware not found". The ATK driver update installs but the Smart Gesture driver rolls back with the "windows installer" error message. Even tried the ELAN and Synaptics drivers. Could it be that the touchpad is defective? It did work under Windows 8.1 .

Ben, I wrote a detailed post about Windows Installer problem here:

Your touchpad is not defective, you just need to install the right driver (if Windows let you :)).

Plug in a USB mouse then unplug it. Worked for me

Thanks BreBe21. I had the same problem but didn't even know about fn/f9. Worked for me :-)

You should check if your computer detects your touchpad at all. You should look into mouse and touchpad settings then select hardware.

1. If your touchpad isnt detected at all you should try cleaning the connections of your touchpad to your computers motherboard. (This solved my problem) Even if it doesn't look dirty it might have a few specks of dust, especially if you have been opening your computer. I used a toothbrush and contact cleaner. You can also try to tape down the connection to ensure that it is connected.

2. If your touchpad is detected then you should try installing drivers and MAKE SURE YOUR TOUCHPAD IS ENABLED in settings. Some computers have buttons near the touchpad area to disable to touchpad as well.

THAAAAAAAANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!! I spent an hour trying to figure out what was wrong, and turns out, since I had opened my computer up a while ago and it had never closed properly, there was a layer of dust on my motherboard that was clogging the connector.

http://laptopnproblem.blogspot.in/2014/1...

I am afraid that the driver of touchpad isn't installed or compatible. So you can try to reinstall the driver in "Devices manager" . Besides, you can try to use driver program to install drivers for Windows. Search DriveTheLife on the web.

I think it is about drivers for touchpad on Windows 10. My laptop's touchpad also work improperly after I updated computer to Windows 10. Finally, I used the tool named Driver Talent on my computer. All is well!

If you dive deep into the Asus support website you will find a page "Transformer Book T100HA touch panel abnormal." http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015157/

this tells you to:

"If your touch function does not work or activate , please download update tool of the touch panel and execute . Then, allow the system to re-do the touch panel adjustment. During adjustment process, please do not touch the screen to avoid adjustment failure . If you have touched the screen, please re-executed once."

It was a pain in the **** doing this but it did work.

Asus touchpad enabled by Fn+F9.

Well.. my problem wwas solved in a very unusual way..

My touchpad was not even being recognised in device manager.. i assumed it was a hardware problem.

I installed all of the drivers once again, and it still did not work..

Eventually, i gave up and decided to live with a mouse since i needed my laptop all the time, and two weeks into service was something that i could not afford

I once installed razer cortex in order to boost my peerformance.. and once i ran it and boosted it, i restarted my laptop.. After that, i noticed that my touchpad was working because i had my palm on the touchpad while typing

Idk if it's a reliable solution.. or even if razer cortex did it.. but it is worth trying

hello every one please fallow these steps-

step 1: update your windows

step 2: check with external mouse

step 3: update driver for touchpad

for more details see

bellow link best option for touchpad trouble shooting

BreBe21 will be eternally grateful.

Past 24 Hours: 1,159