The Moto G is Motorola's economically priced phone. It has all the features one could want in a smart phone, for half the price.

Why is part of my replacement screen unresponsive?

I recently replaced my Moto G's screen with one I found on Amazon.com. For awhile (about 48 hours) it was working flawlessly. Then it started misbehaving. I noticed the touch screen responding poorly. I narrowed it down to one horizontal section of the screen just under the center as unresponsive. I downloaded a touch-test app and confirmed this was the case. However, this is not a permanent condition, as the area sometimes works randomly and other times is completely unresponsive.

Thinking it might be a loose connection, I took my phone apart again and checked the connections. I took the ribbon cables out and put them back in again after cleaning with alcohol. The problem persists.

What could be causing this dead section of my touch screen? And is there a way to fix it?

Its possible the screen is defective, get a replacement and see if it does the same thing.

I recently replaced my screen+digitizer in my moto g phone. Both the display and the digitizer worked well (although the red was slightly less 'red').

There was a small area near the top where the touch screen sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. I removed and re-inserted the ribbon cable for the screen and then the digitizer stopped working. When I repeated it, the screen also stopped working, though the LED backlight worked. Thinking I broke the ribbon cable, I ordered a new one from another vendor.

This new screen also doesn't work at all (only LED works). But the touch screen works fine. I did an ADB screen grab using the USB to computer and I can 'see' what the phone screen background image is being trasnmitted to the screen, but I don't know if the circuit is damaged or this screen is bad too.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nooman

How do i Fix my Screen without buying another cause it is crack

You just cannot do that. I'm sorry. Haha My new screen and digitizer nearly "broke the bank" but the screen looks beautiful with the new glass and everything.

Peter Pollet will be eternally grateful.