Released May 1, 2012. The first backlit eReader tablet emits a soft backlight for improved night reading. The device is simple to open up, but the components are all connected.

USB port came loose

A few weeks ago, the USB port on my NST Glow came loose. Now, it will not charge at all. Is there any way to fix/replace it?

Did anyone ever find a replacement USB socket for this device?

Carter clavierkid, you will have to disassemble your Nook, here is a teardown and either solder the old port back on or try and find a replacement.

Can be quite a tricky job. Here is a video I did of soldering a similar port. It may be helpful if you are going to attempt it. https://youtu.be/gaHlbbxbTGs

James Soulsby, excellent video. I've been a fan of your work for years. Thank you for joining the great ifixit community.

I'll have to find a T5 screwdriver first. I'll go out and find one today. Thanks for the advice!

2 of the pins on my USB port have completely broken off. Any advice on where to find a new one?

Carter clavierkid will be eternally grateful.