Announced September 9th, 2014, this device is Apple's first foray into smart wearables. iFixit's repair manuals are applicable to Apple Watch (steel) and Apple Watch Sport (aluminum).

Apple Watch Sport 42mm has a red exclamation mark!

Hi All!!!!! The watch had stopped charging, and popped an Apple, when connected to the power supply restart when charging tried a forced restart jumped a red exclamation mark((((((((((((((( HELP PLEASE!!

Apple suggests you try to force restart it again, if that doesn't work, they want you to contact Apple Support. Some users have found it's connected to two factor authentication. You can read more on this macrumors forum thread. Unfortunately, there's not too much info on the subject yet, and you may have to get a replacement =C

Of course it's still covered under warranty. I usually don't take out extended warranty (Apple Care) on a new machine unless I have problems with it early on like yours. I don't even know if it's offered on watches.

I also have the same problem while i was down loading the latest software

Now i have got to send my watch away for repair or a new watch

My watch is out of warranty but apple are going to replace it free of charge

It seams to be the latest software that is causing the problem

Hello, did you contact them via phone or did you go in store?

hey lewis, I also dealt with the same problem too recently. from your comment, it really makes me feel good that it's not my fault but instead its the new software. I am taking my watch into the store this week and hopefully they will fix it for me. Thankfully my one year warranty is still effective

Hi Brandon, unless you live close to an Apple Store I suggest you giving them a call because I made a 70mile trip to be told they couldn't do anything in store, warranty or not, give them a call and they'll arrange collection from your home address and deliver it back all free of charge :-)

Allan - did Apple follow through on their promise to replace it free of charge? I'm dealing with the same issue and they are making me pony up $199.

yeah they sure did, I have emails back and forth with a ' Tiago Maceda' who stated because it's software related you're actually covered by consumer rights, in the (U.K.) for 5 years as long as the watch is still in good condition, no water damage etc. So I'd definitely check and get it escalated to a senior member of Apple! Hope you get sorted

You all have a 6 year warranty, don’t pay a penny UK law says we all have 6 years, Apple hide behind their own 12 month warranty. Do not pay a penny Demand they fix it for free or you will take court action.

IT IS YOUR RIGHT.

Raul Duke will be eternally grateful.