Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

PS4 Controller Stop charging

Hello.

I have a question. My ps4 controller stop charging. Why???

When i plug in to ps4, does't it work(yellow color not see). When i plug in to my pc usb show me the yellow color but when i press the PS button wont turn on. Before a week i have this problem and when i press the reset button was fixed. But the problem come again and does't fix it when i press the reset button. Please some advise.

If the reset doesn't work, then you should open up your dual shock, and see the cable got opened by mistake or due to losing connection.

If you don't find anything, You should try these possible tricks https://www.megebyte.com/ps4-controller-... or contact your nearest store.

My ps4 controller is not charging and i dont know why. When i put the cable in the yellow colour comes on the control and ive left it for hours thinking it would be charged but it hasn't. Can anyone help me please.

my controller isn't charging at all, the yellow light that signafies that it's charging doesn't show, and I keep thinking it's either the battery is over heated or that i drained the battery completly, but im not sure, does any one know what the problem could be?

Hello everyone. I have had severe difficulties with my controller charging. I was playing fortnite and my controller died. I plugged it up, nothing. So I looked on YouTube to find solutions. Either A: the item I needed wasn't on my PS4 or B it was just clickbait or whatever. If someone can help me get My controller to work again I would greatly appreciate it.(and I can't replace the battery. I think it's too risky)

There are many things that can be wrong here that you might have to experiment with Ben, whatever is wrong your going to have to open up your remote and either replace something or overall buy a new device, might I ask if you have either A) checked a different cord, or B) if it charges with an outlet? I don't want to tell you to take apart your controller if the issue is small.

~Aidan

Most Helpful Answer

PS4 controller not charging???

Try this fix....

Unplug PS4 from mains plug for 3 minutes, turn it back on then reconnect your controller into the PS4 USB port ...

Press the PS BUTTON and the SHARE BUTTON at the same time!!!!

It worked for me

This worked for me. Thank you

It’s didnt work for me

Worked thanks

Hopefully this works......

Didnt work

It sounds like two separate issues.

A) Plugging the controller into the USB port of the PS4 doesn't charge it.

This could be a bad cable or a bad USB port. Try to isolate the problem by changing cables or pluging something else into the USB port like a cell phone. If it still doesn't work with the new cable and won't charge your cell phone then the problem is the USB port on the PS4. If it works with the cell phone but not the controller, it may be a bad charging port or battery in the controller and you should consider replacing them.

B) Controller keeps losing sync with PS4 even after resetting it.

1. Go into the PS4 settings and under Devices remove all PS4 controllers from the list
  2. Reset the controller using the reset button
  3. Sync the controller using the PS button

Mine has had a new battery and a new port including ribbon cable and nothing. It will not turn yellow under any condition but will work if plugged in and turned on.. Ps4 shows it as low battery (0 cells) but works forever. If turned on not plugged in it turns off almost immediately after being synced. When I bought the new battery it was half charged and worked for quite a while.

Lexylex did you resolve the problem? I have the same Problem, changed the Port jds030 and the cable, still not working. But it charges on the ext port. So I guess it's a part on the mainboard of the controller which controls USB functions...

You may have scratched the motherboard in the device or sent a shock through it, thus not sending the energy to the battery, I suggest replacing the entire remote, Florian

my controller did the same thing and i got it 2 weeks ago but when i plug it in to anything nuthing shows up

Both my controllers stopped charging after about 2 years. Any solutions?

are they like a cool color or just black. cause the cool color ones don,t last to long

or its the battery

If you frequently take your controller part it could be the strip that runs from the charging part to the motherboard.

i have four controllers two both the same color all of a sudden stop charging i plugged in a phone charger and my ps4 still charges my phone but it wont charge my controllers it wont turn on the orange light but when i plug it in and press the ps4 button it keeps blinking white so i know its not completely dead.

so is it the charging port

or the battery

Hey my controllers have both been doing to the same things!? What did you do to fix yours? I was thinking about maybe changing the battery? Never pulled mine apart but I watched a tutorial and it should be easy. But i have to order them online and it’ll take a while and I don’t want to buy a new controller to play in the mean tim, you know ... so did you get yours sorted? Maybe it is the port. Hmm.

PS4 controller not charging???

Try this fix....

It worked for me!?

I need help please! When i plug the charger in my controller it shows the orange light but then it like fades away so i thought it was charging but after 1 day of charging it. It wasn't even charging. So i tried turning it on by pressing the PS button and all i see is the blinking light and it wont show the blue light. So now im sad because my parents wont buy a new one so im trying to fix the one that i have and im sad because i cant play WWE 2K18

Mine also did that as well and don’t know how to fix it

I've taken apart my controller entirely, to find one of mini circuits fried, had to rewired everything and soldering it, also used various circuits of broken controllers.

Mine charges my vape and phone just changed my battery and it won’t charge ither controller I don’t understand how it can charge my iPhone 8 and my vape but not my controller

I had the same problem,Just use a new cord.

I have a similar problem, my controller was fully functional until a month ago more or less when was the last time I used it, then it remained stored in my PS4 suitecase, then two nights ago I plugged it on my cell phone charger (Android, output 5V 1800 mA), I saw the orange light going on, so I turned around and went to sleep, the next morning I went to my friend's house and I gave him my controller so he could sync it with his PS4 but it didn't recognize it, so we thought his cable was the problem, when he tried with his controller, it charged it but not on mine, so I returned to my place, turned on my PS4 to find out my battery was almost dead, so I took it apart to check what the problem might be, to do so, I also took apart my another controller, replace the battery from one to another and both batteries charged in the good controller but neither in the defective one, so I discarded the battery problem, then I interchange the back part of the controllers (The one with the USB port with the ribbon cable on it) and to my surprise none of the controllers charged, when putting them back, again one controller was charging and the other one wasn't, so I'm not sure if my problem is in the USB board or my mother board, I hope someone can help me out with this issue since I've no money for a new controller. Ahh by the way the deffective controller is the camouflage edition (Gray and white) regards.

Sergio, hopefully this helps. I am almost certain that this is a USB board issue which is super easy and a cheap fix. The reason why Sony gives us the regular PS4 remote chargers is for the exact reason we don't use our Android phone chargers, they give off too much spark, damaging the board every time we use it. I suggest going to your local game store/Amazon/ect to get a new USB board and an ACTUAL PS4 CHARGER. Hope this Helps! ~Aidan

Thank you Aidan, I already look for it in Amazon and as you said, it is quite cheap, two usb boards + two ribbon cables + a phillips screw driver just $us. 7.99, unfortunatelly as I don't live in the states nor any well civilized country (I live in Bolivia) I will have to ask my relatives who live abroad to send it to me, but thanks anyway for your help, I appreciate it, have a terrific weekend my friend (World Cup weekend).

My ps4 controller wouldn’t charge even when is was connected to the USB port it would only work if it was plugged in to the usb cable the yellow light never flashed but it worked fine but when you unplug the controller from the USB it stops working but know it won’t connect at all even when plugged in .So I borrowed my friends controller and the exact same thing happened again ........ what do I do

I'm on the same boat friends.

My ps4 charges my phone but wont charge my controller.

I have occasionally charged my controller with my phone charger.

I have tried all ur guys methods with no luck.

Im starting to wonder if using my ps4 controller on my pc has anything to do with it.

I also replaced my battery..no luck..

Reset button didnt work.

And when I hold down PS and Share it just flashes white for 1 minute then turns off..

Orfeas will be eternally grateful.