The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Apple iPhone 5c Black screen and broken home button

I'm repairing a friends Iphone 5c after the phone was dropped. The screen is cracked and is black. I managed to get a picture on the screen by giving it a wiggle (suspect cable damage) and found also the home button does not work. Also there was some stains on the LCD so I reckon that it is stuffed. I'm waiting on a new screen to arrive but the problem is I now cant get the phone to power on at all and when i put it into the charger it "bongs" every 3 or 4 seconds. I have also checked to make sure the connectors are down inserted correctly.

I suspect that the issue will be fixed when the new screen etc arrives but my question is how do I proceed with this repair as I cant power the phone off before starting?

What damage may happen if I just do the repair?

Should I just disconnect the battery before starting the screen repair?

Definitely unplug the battery connector before starting work on it. It's just 2 screws to remove the cover, then pry the connector out of its socket.

Lee will be eternally grateful.