4 inch display / Available in a variety of colors / Released in 3 different models / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

My Home Button Is Stuck In

One day I pressed down on the home button and it got stuck on the front panel. I have tried to get it out by pushing strongly on the button at different angles and that isnt working. When i took it to the apple store they told me they can replace the device but that would cost one hundred dollars for a swap. Is there some kind of fix for this?

Hi, this is a very common issue.

You will need to disassemble the ipod by loosing up the adhesives at the bottom and separating the glass from the adhesives. Once that's done you can use a metal tool to un lip the plastic frame that holds the glass and lift it. You can reference the disassembly guide.

Then you will see where the home button used to be. There should be a little black dot which is normally glued to the yellow kapton tape.

If the dot is not there (which it sounds like it is not) you need to find it or find a replacement for it which you can then glue in the middle of the home button and after that it should click and will work normally after.

You could take a toothbrush and brush along the crevasses. You could try it but it doesn't always work. Blowing air or using canned air could help too. I'm in the same situation right now but I've gotten nowhere. However, I intend on trying because I don't want to pay a hundred bucks just for a new one

Can someone post the disassembly manual please. I have the same problem and to be honest I do not want to spend $100 for something i can fix myself also wouldn't the broken adhesive have to be re-done?

Go into settings on iPod touch and find assistive touch in accessibility and turn it on

Da SpoopySkeleton will be eternally grateful.