Repair guides and support for all household mechanical fans including ceiling, box, tower, and stand fans.

Lasko electric fan has no power; Stopped working

No sign of power from outlet to my fan.

Most Helpful Answer

Depends on your model, but I would unplug it and find a way to disassemble the fan to check the wiring to the fan motor and switch. Then measure the individual points to where you have power and where it stops. Could be the switch as well as an internal fuse on the fan. Again, depends on the model.

I have a circular Lasko 18 inch fan on stand. One day I turned it on nothing, it has completely shut down. this fan is only 6months old.

See if the blades turn freely first. If they do, try taking it apart and checking the thermal fuse of the motor which will probably be wrapped into the coils somewhere near where the wires go in. Unfortunately it's a bit fragile since the wires are thin, so you'll probably have to exercise caution.

tomasulang2006 will be eternally grateful.