Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

Why won't my icemaker dump ice?

I have a GE Side by Side Refrigerator Model GSH23JSXLSS.

My icemaker will not dump the ice. I just replaced the icemaker with a new one. It is getting the water and it freezes but will not dump the ice. I also changed the water filter. The water despenser works great and water is getting to the icemaker too. I can initiate the dump sequence and it will process the ice out but it will not do it automatically. There is nothing abstructing the flow of water or the arm that stops the cycle. Had the same problem with the old one that I just removed.

Cause 1

Dispenser Control Board

The dispenser control board governs most of the functions of the dispenser system. If only one dispenser part is not working, it is probable that an individual part has failed. In this case, test each of the dispenser components before testing the control board. If the entire dispenser system is not working, the control board is more likely to be at fault.

Cause 2

Dispenser Switch

The dispenser switches send voltage to the dispenser. If one of the dispenser switches is defective, the dispenser will not work. To determine if a dispenser switch is defective, use a multimeter to test each switch for continuity. If a dispenser switch does not have continuity, replace it.

I change brand new ice maker and still wont dump ice

Didn't you read my answer?

Willie Jacobs will be eternally grateful.