Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

TV does not come on at all.

I tried to un plug the cable and the TV and twice I got it to come on , now nothing.

What should I try next ? Is it a cable box problem or the TV?

Susan, sounds like a TV issue. What model is your TV?

Most Helpful Answer

There is a class action law suit on this issue. Contact Samsung. Sometimes they will send a tech, sometimes you get a runaround. If you get the runaround, ask if you need to join the lawsuit. Just Google "Samsung TV & class action law suit" for information on it. It has to do with two underrated capacitors and they won't tell me which ones. I got the runaround including sending me back to the same phone number I was talking to them on.

I agree with Old Turkey. It sounds like a tv problem. Many models of Samsungs tv's have had issues with bad capacitors. This is a design flaw on the power supply board in the tv. Samsung was using capacitors with to low of a voltage rating which eventually causes the capacitors to fail. If you look at the power supply board , you can usually tell by looking at the capacitors if any are faulty. They usually will bulge at the top and may even start leaking. So I would check the power supply board for issues first.

this happened to me too.

Im saying this as a good person, not a technician.

hold down the power button until it turns on

I taped a penny to the button and would wait about 3 minutes for it to turn on

Susan will be eternally grateful.