The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

What does the f22 error code mean

I ran a load last night and woke up to a F22 error code flashing. I am going to re-start the load. Is this something that will need follow-up?

Diana Timmons, the F22 is a door lock failure. It will only occur after the control has tried to lock the door 6 times. The most likely cause of this problem is the door lock assembly is bad. You can try to hold the door shut a little tighter. If the door is not shut all the way or is crooked then the door might not latch. The door latch assembly is the most likely part to cause this problem and I would recommend replacing it. Get the service manual for your washer from the bottom of this page. The door lock is part number 8183270

Hey Diana, the f22 error for this washing machine usually occurs when the door isn't properly shut. Please make sure that the door is shut all the way. Also, if the problem persists then I'd recommend that you replace the door. You can get it replaced through warranty or manually.

-Let me know if this helps

Diana Timmons will be eternally grateful.