New RAM not responding.
I Installed new RAM details below, then when I switch on the computer, nothing but the fan appears to function, left it a few minutes (5) but nothing happened so tried with just one module of 8GB and the same result.
I reinstalled the old RAM and the MAC is now working as before? ideas....
My MAC is the following....
- OS Yosemite
- Version 10.10.3
- MacBook Pro Mid 2010
- Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Current Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Trying to upgrade to 16 GB RAM (2X 8GB)
Is the "Unbuffered, Non-ECC, Non-Registered" the issue
New RAM details
- Brand QUMOX
- Bandwidth DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
- Feature Unbuffered, Non-ECC, Non-Registered
- Use for Laptop
- Type DDR3, SODIMM
- Memory Type DDR3, SODIMM
- Bus Speed PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
- number of modules 2
- Capacity per module 8 GB
- Capacity 16GB (2x 8 GB)
Is this a good question?