MacBook Air: Water spill, dim screen, Fan on high
My sister had some water spilled on her Macbook Air (last 4 serial digits: G086). This is what has been attempted:
- Placed in rice to dry for several days
- Macbook taken apart, cleared of rice fragments, obviously oxidized areas attempted to be cleaned with Q-tip and Isopropyl alcohol
- SMC reset sequence (didn't seem to do anything)
- Macbook will not power on unless batter connector is disconnected and reconnected
- When powering on, fan immediately goes on high
- Screen is extremely dim with a small (maybe 1.5" diameter) spot in the center of the screen that seem a bit more lit than the rest of the screen
- The Macbook actually boots up and can be connected to over the network via TeamViewer, though performance seems to be very slow
- What are the best guesses for which components are damaged? The logic board? Video inverter?
- What are my options?
- Any further recommended repair suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Is this a good question?