Repair guides and support for the Canon Speedlite 430EX II external flash assembly.

Why isnt it turning on?

I checked the batts, even tried new ones and still it wont turn on. Is there some explanation for this? I really confusing and i really would like to know the problem before i buy a new one

Most Helpful Answer

Check the battery contacts for corrosion - typewriter eraser pencils are ideal for polishing the contacts. The ON/OFF switch can fail - try pushing down as you slide the switch. The switch can be repaired for less than the cost of a new flashgun, as long as you don't go to Canon that is...

Mine did the same thing, and it was battery corrosion - only a tiny bit, barely noticeable, but enough to break the contact. Rubbed it with the eraser end of a pencil, and put the battery back in and it worked. I'll now get some rubbing alcohol and clean it properly.

itodak will be eternally grateful.