The Epson Stylus NX415 is a color inkjet printer. The printer uses T088/69/68 ink cartridges, which is the first generation of Epson ink that employs a wentess sensor behind the primary chip.

cannot recognize ink cartridge 88/69 in my Epson Stylus NX415 printer

cannot recognize ink cartridge 88/69

cannot recognize ink cartridge

Epson Stylus Nx415 printer

This is an old question, but I have some background on this printer since I used to have one. The NX415 was one of the first generation printers Epson released with dual chipped cartridges - the external green PCB and a wetness sensor that works in conjunction with the green chip. What happens with the 88/69/68 printers is once the cartridges are at ~25% ink level reported to the printer, the printer locks the EEPROM on the cartridge into read only mode. Once it's empty, it's permanently written as empty. This is an old post, but it describes the problem: Freedom to print 69/68 teardown.

If you take a cartridge out that's too low, the cartridge will not be recognized once you put it in the printer again - it's permanently damaged. It sounds like you removed a empty cartridge and damaged the chip.

Epson was glad to market the crap out of this "feature" as a way to improve the reading accuracy, but neglected to mention they implemented it to kill cartridges and *really* stop refillers.

casimiro Joanes will be eternally grateful.