Model A1312 / Mid 2010 / 3.2 GHz Core i3 or 2.8 & 3.6 GHz Core i5 or 2.93 GHz Core i7

How to clean dust from inside system

I have a Mid 2010 27 inch iMac model 11,3. It's now been in use for four years. If this were one of the old tower PC's I would have already opened it several times to clean all the dust out of it. Is there somewhere I can learn how to do that on the iMac? I ask because if I watch Netflix I have noticed that the top of the back gets very hot.

Hey mate, this manual should help you out:

http://tim.id.au/laptops/apple/imac/imac...

Also as a note, I'd remove and check the fans for derbies (such as hair) in its assembly

Hope it helps.

Thanks Zakk. This is great.

Appreciated!

Dude, zakk; you're the man. Thank you so much. This is going to be super helpful. I have an iMac 27 2011 model but I'm assuming most things should be similar. Wouldn't you say?

Hey J.w. sorry mate, I only just realised you'd commented now. Yer it should pretty much be the same thing. If you get stuck, just comment again.

MTek will be eternally grateful.