Model no. ML-2510, monochrome laser printer

Picks up a second sheet of paper and jams

The printer regularly picks up a second sheet of paper which causes a jam. I have fitted a new roller which doesn't help at all and cleaned everything visible. This happens both with the bottom feeder tray and the manual sheet feeder. It's getting worse, so that now it even does it on a single page job. Printer has done a total of 10k pages and 500 odd on the current cartridge.

I'm having the same issue. It seems as if the printer doesn't recognize that a piece of paper has been picked up and continues to repeatedly actuate the roller mechanism. I don't know enough about this model be certain.

I am having the same problem I guess. When it prints the printed copy is no fullly released from the printer and another sheet has been partially picked up and then everything starts and I get the alarm. I put the sheets out and open and close the top door and then it is ready to go again.

Most Helpful Answer

I believe this is the answer, the solenoid that engages the pickup roller is sticking on. See:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t16764902-s...

This is true. I removed old adhesives and placed some electric tape instead. It is working now.

Hey Dan. Are you the Dan Rae in NZ? I don't know that particular model but the fault may be the paper separation pad. It sits below the paper feed roller and may have become glazed. Either replace it or buff it up somehow.

Dan Rae will be eternally grateful.