Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iPhone isn't recognized by computer as a device?

My iPhone 6 plus will not be recognized as a device in my PC. I cannot sync to anything to add music or any kind of iTunes media that isn't instantly downloaded to my iPhone.

My phone will charge but my PC won't give a prompt saying a device is plugged in. This is not an issue with drivers because I have troubleshooted already and I have tried a different cord and even a different PC.

Any suggestions would be helpful, cheers.

This fixed my issue!!!! Works perfectly now!!!!

It worked. Saved me a great deal of time. Thanks

just update it phone and see if you can update the computer also . if you have itunes on computer make sure you have already authorize your computer and if this did not work try reset http://bit.ly/2hUfhT2 . this can also help

Most Helpful Answer

Hope these three ways can be of some help.

1. Update Windows, update iTunes and make sure your iPhone is running the latest firmware. Restart your iPhone and PC. And connect your phone using the original Apple USB cable.

2. Make sure your iPhone trusts your computer.

3. Update iPhone drivers. open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound and then look for Apple iPhone under the "Unspecified" section. Right-click on it, choose "Properties" and then click the Hardware tab. Click Properties and then the Change settings button. Click on the Driver tab and Update Driver… and then Browse my computer for driver software. Now navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and click Ok, then Next. You'll either see a message saying that the best driver is already installed, or a new driver will be installed. If the latter, your iPhone should now show up in iTunes.

THIS WORKED! thank you so so so much

This did not directly work but it did lead me to the fix. While in iTunes ensuring my version was updated, I stumbled across the "Run Diagnostics" feature. I ran the diagnostics which ultimately identified the connection issue and walked me through the remedy (which required a fix and reboot of the PC). But in the end, everything is working again. So, Thanks!

thank you guys, you're the best!!

Thank you Douglas!!! finally!!!

That's great! I tried a lot of advice, but I didn't work until I found this useful help. Thanks very much!

1. Plug iphone USB cable into computer.

2. Open device manager.

3. In the USB section at bottom find Apple device.

4. Right click the device.

5. Click uninstall device.

6. Check box to remove software.

7. Unplug USB and replug into computer.

8. Box will appear asking what to do with this device. Quickly click that box.

9. Another box will open.

10. Select ' open explorer box'

That is now the default for this iphone

This was the magical trick for me :D Thanks!!

After DAYS of trying EVERYTHING this tip FINALLY worked. Thanks!!!

This worked for me !! You all rock!! Unplugged phone after uninstalling driver!! And replugged back in. Thank you!!

OMG You rule!!! thank you

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This was the solution to my problem as well :)

I tried all these and other website suggestions. Laptop wouldn't recognize or charge my iphone 6. Laptop wouldn't even say an iphone was attached to the laptop.

This simple trick worked for me. I plugged the cord to my Iphone and then connected to the computer - same results. I then unplugged the Iphone only and plugged it back in. Then my laptop saw the Iphone and I went to ITunes and it asked to allow Iphone to sync.

Don't ask me how, but this worked in my situation.

Yes it happens that sometimes I have to unplug then re-plug the phone in order for iTunes to detect it.

Too weird. Tried everything, and then unplug from my iPhone only and plugged back in - worked/recognized. Go figure.

omg, that worked for me! thank you!!!!!

If you have recently connected your iPhone to the computer before, sure there is an easier way of fixing this problem!

1. Go to the network setting on your computer.

2. Click on manage networks.

3. If you see your IPhone on there, click on it and press forget.

4. Go to your phones hotspot and turn it on.

5. On your computer, turn on wifi and look for your iPhone.

6. Now all you have to do is connect the phone to the computer.

7. It all works out

thank you so so so so so so so so so so much! I was stucked for hours and finally you save me. thanks

it's a waste of time to check all firmware/service updated, this is the only fix that works!!

The issue may be with the dock itself (even though it is charging) or with the phone U2/Tristar/USB logic IC. Try getting the dock replaced (or just another connected to test), and if that doesn't help, see if you can locate someone to do a board level diagnosis for you. There's a link on my profile for a service to help people locate board repair techs

If it works on a different PC, 2 steps I can think of:

1st, go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, and uninstall everything related to Apple such as iTunes, iCloud/Cloud and Bonjour.

Reboot then download them again and see if this solves it.

2nd, I had a similar case when Windows registry was badly damaged and I had to format the disk and do a clean install. That solved it.

If it doesn't work on a different PC, I'm clueless.

But if it was me, I'd start with a hard reboot of the phone. Then try a software restore... but don't quote me on those.

Are you using a OEM cable ? Aftermarket cables that are not MFI will charge your device but not allow it to Sync.

1. Reinstall iTunes & Drivers associated

2. Use a tooth pick & combo of a eyeglass cloth to clean out your charging port for any gunk.

3. Clean the port using 99% alcohol to ensure there are no corrosion causing a jump

Good luck.

didn't help =(

first of all, try to reset the iphone by pressing home button and power button together for about 10sec.

and reconnect.

this doesn't work

didn't work on mine either

https://youtu.be/-D82DOOkn9I

follow this tutorial, it helped me out

I tried for weeks everything to solve this problem, and this is the only way it worked for me.

Go to Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Devices and Printers

Down there you will find your iPhone. Right click on it and click Properties.

Click Hardware and again Properties. In General click Change settings.

Now go to Driver and uninstall your iPhone. After your iPhone was uninstalled plug it again. It will install again and the computer will regonize your iPhone.

Spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple Tech support... Senior engineer explained a few things... can't believe this worked. I plugged it in to a different computer, and the update finished... allowing me to skip restore, and simply go back to my computer to sync. I'm not asking how/why, just thankful it worked.

Try going into control panel, then into devices and printers. If you see the iphone under unspecified, then right click it and select troubleshoot. If it doesn't give you the option to enable the device , then right click the device, select properties, click on the hardware tab, then select the properties button at the bottom right. Then click change settings, click on the driver tab and click disable and then click enable.

It's come on but couldn't power on and pc is not recognizing it

Camren McCall will be eternally grateful.