The Sony Xperia Z3 is an android smartphone released in 2014 known for it’s long battery life and durability.

Flash and Front/Back Camera not working

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 here and after a screen replacement the front and back camera no longer work as well as the flash. When I plug the rear camera in the phone overheats a lot! Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated! Thanks!

Any updates?? Currently have this issue and can't seem to work out why it is happening. Going to try a new screen on the phone just to retrace every step but if anyone knows anything that'd be pretty helpful.

Most Helpful Answer

I'm having A- Z same problem .. After replacing my z3 screen , back camera front camera and flash not working anymore.. Also flashlight toggle disappeared from home screen .. I think problem is related to flashlight . When I connect my back camera the phone heats up and battery drains by 1 % every 2 minutes ..But when back camera is removed battery drains by 1 % every 2 hours ..

I tried every thing from factory reset , repairing through sony pc companion , tried other camera apps , changed camera sensor etc .. I came into point there is some short near camera or problem is due to flash (As flash light is also not working and flash toggle has disappeard from home screen .

Also please note on diagonistic front camera shows up but back camera doesnot shows up .. In camera app when clicked I get a message " Unfortunated camera has stopped " .

You could fix?

I send the mobile to repair shop and he solved this problem by change the camera ic

How much it cost??

is there a way to fix that camera ic by myself? On iphone 6 to fix camera problems just need to make jumper on ic.

Bro explain how to fix it??

As i understand then these smd resistors we need to repair. Am i right?

https://i.imgsafe.org/7c7544f09b.jpg

Try another front and back camera. Not sure how you're having this overheating issue as I've replaced around 10 Sony Xperia Z3 screens.

Did you put in the plastic mounting bracket for the Back camera? Including the metal mounting bracket which is held by the housing frame of the phone?

Any fix i having this problem right now help please :/

Same problem. help please

Hey, I've the same problem. I don't know how can I fix it, but a friend told me that he has resolved it just by changing the rear camera. I still doubt but I'll try. I can't see any link between the camera and the flash light.

Is there anyone else has tried to repair it himself?

Did you find the solution to the problem? As much as I've understood, it has to be the flash. Before I broke my phone, I sometimes had flashlight working in some other app and then when I tried to start the camera app the error appeared "Unfortunately camera has stopped".

Did you do something to fix the problem, or had to replace the motherboard?

William will be eternally grateful.