The Sony Xperia Z3 is an android smartphone released in 2014 known for it’s long battery life and durability.

replacing my digitizer, some clarifications needed

hello, i broke my screen's digitizer and the replacement is on its way, but there's a slight issue, there's a glue between my LCD and digitizer, after replacing the broken digitzer with the new one, shouldn't i apply such glue again ? or is it fine ? i bought adhesive stickers but am not sure they act as a glue too.

can i get some clarification about this please? if i don't add a glue will it change/affect the digitizer functionality ?

Are you sure that you bought a digitizer alone, without the LCD? Because I just replaced my screen, and I could only find a combo package (screen + digitizer)...

i am 100% sure, the digitizer is just 15$ but the screen+digitizer are between 44$~100$ depending on vendor .

You should buy the LCD and digitiser combination, it's very hard to replace the digitiser alone, even for a technician with a lot of skill.

can you recommend a site to buy from ? i don't trust one's from ebay or amazon or aliexpress or etrade supply, i want to buy OEM screen. and sony customer support would not help be reach authorized supplier

could you recommend a site to buy OEM screens from ?

Try replacebase, I have used them before for Xperia screens, really good quality.

Also, I would highly recommend you purchase the adhesive to stick the front screen to the frame!

phonetech92, thx for your comment, unfortunately they sell only lcd+bezel and its so expensive for me to afford...

Generally, a lot of third party parts on eBay use original LCDS, but third party high quality glass instead of original, as you would be able to tell a copy LCD as it would look terrible.

zutch will be eternally grateful.