Model A1502 / 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel processor / Released October 2013

My MacBook Pro speaker is cracking

When I volume up the speaker its has a bit cracking sounds. But I don't sure that it is Left or Right one. But its really a little bit crack if you don't raise it until the limit they won't any cracking sound. How can I check that my speaker are still good or not

Sherri, would a you share how you determined the timeline of programs installed? Are you talking just about program in you application folder or or programs as well.

I hаd a ѕіmіlаr issue, My Mасbооk Prо speaker sound was cracking.

Finally I managed to rеѕоlvе the рrоblеm.

Fоllоw thіѕ solution hеrе: http://bit.ly/MacSoundfix

Hope thіѕ hеlрѕ

The above http is no longer functioning which is too bad b/c my MBP speakers are crackling like crazy and I ain't about to take it in for some fancy-smancy repair (even though the Apple care crew are super humans).

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

Go into the sound control panel and alter the balance setting so you bias one speaker over the other. Then crackup the volume. Which one is it?

I just wanted to thank you! I never would have thought that going into the sound preferences and changing the alert sound would fix it, but sure enough it did. I play around with audio setups all the time due to music software and didn't think I changed it to the blow sound effect, but I must have. I may have brought it into apple for a repair. It's a desktop so I'm not a fan of moving it anywhere. Thanks again!!!!

not worked for me

Vijay the tip was so you could figure out which speaker is damaged in its self it won't fix your problem unless you have the volume set to high. Once you know which speaker you can then replace it.

Most Helpful Answer

Check your System preferences/Sounds/Sound Effect tab.

See if there is a sound effects selected, mine was Blow effect, hence the output sounds is crackling.

And I never set this sound effect before, maybe is the original setting from the new OS.

Uncheck the [Play user interface sound effects]

This worked for me. Thanks man.

I changed from funk to blow and problem gone. Thanks!

Uncheck the [Play user interface sound effects] = this help me a lot! just 1 tick!

can i know my macbook pro 2013 model, left side speaker sounds cracking . how to solve or off left side spaker

not worked for me

Just to add on I had replaced mine old 2010 macbook speakers before, it sounds awful and i opened up to check. the speaker foam has been disintegrated.

If you had tried the above solution by users and the sound is still bad, open up your mac and check

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Late 2013 Left Speaker Replacement

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Late 2013 Right Speaker Replacement

Some good work around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJhdMuPo...

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Late 2013 Right Speaker Image

Guide

Difficulty:

Moderate

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Late 2013 Left Speaker Image

Guide

Difficulty:

Moderate

20 minutes - 2 hours

I made a video on how to fix this issue once and for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNd2PgEf...

If you’re using a DAW like logic and you have your I/O buffer size any lower than 128 samples and your core audio is enabled then you need to set it to 128 and it’ll fix your problem

go to logic - system preferences - audio - I/O buffer size

shoseipluz will be eternally grateful.