Connect and command your Apple computer wirelessly.

Why "k" key doesn't function?

Hi, the "k" letter of my keyboard is dead, I tried connecting my keyboard to two different machines (Mac and Win) with the same results. I tried to take the key off and clean it, but nothing changed.

Any ideas??

I have 3 original Apple wired keyboards all with a malfunctioning K key - typing anything with a "k" included needs visual check to ensure it appears... otherwise its repeated tapping to get a response.

Had the same problem with letter Y...if it' not a software issue like speech dictation or similar, or mechanical issue like spilled liquid try removing the cap of the letter than adjusting the rubber connector...than take a pointy object and try pushing the key and gently adjusting the rubber connector. It has worked for me

Here's the only solution I could find to a single malfunctioning key on that particular keyboard: http://www.omninerd.com/articles/Apple_C...

Thanks Mayer, I only press the k key, but nothing happen, upper o lower case is the same.

Thanks a lot

mvmarroquin will be eternally grateful.