The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

Why wont my ps3 play discs?

my ps3 slim wasnt readin discs and when i lifeted it up i heard something moving. i took apart my ps3 blu ray drive and found a quarter in there. after putting it back together i tried playin a game and it still wont work

Answer for Ps3 slim quarter problem, what has happen is the quarter has damage the blue ray & laser reader check out this link hope it will help you good luck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uvm4W_r...

Probably still a few pennies left lol.

In all seriousness, though, there is always the chance that there is more debris in there if a whole quarter made its way in there. The quarter might have also caused physical damage to the moving parts of your Playstation.

It's a pretty common PS3 issue for laser lenses to go bad as well, which would be characterized by the blue light on the front turning red when the machine tries to read a disc. Unfortunately, locating a replacement lens that isn't just a factory reject is a difficult task if you're not going directly through Sony.

I fix 200 ps3's a month. I see this ALL the time. If a coin has bounced around inside. You have the following possible problems.

A) Scratched Laser Lens

B) Broken Gear or Jammed from coin passing thru it.

C) Feed Gear Misaligned...

If you open the Blu ray drive..BE CAREFUL there are spring sin the drive that release the "Claws". Getting them back aligned is a pain in the arse.

also you might need new DIODES as they have a habit of burning out. there are sellers on eBay that have some for sale, you might have to shop around to get them cheap enough tho.

We all do appreciate your answer and it's great to help other folks out. Please do not post your own business site on an answer but place it on your profile.

oldturkey--as per Taylors request I edited this response instead of marking it for removal

I did a bigger edit and removed your link.

Ok, thank you all

buford will be eternally grateful.