22" 16:10 LCD monitor introduced in 2007. This monitor may have color accuracy problems in some releases of Mac OS X without calibration.

My monitor won't lite up

AL2216W monitor

My monitor won't lite up. The power button is lite (green) but no display.

Check the capacitors for swelling and/or corrosion: Acer AL2216W Power Supply Capacitor Replacement

I have bad capacitors in my AL2216W, too. Is this guide still available somewhere?

I do not know why access is now forbidden. I'll link this question to someone at the iFixit staff and see if they can fix it! @kaykay

Hi @mayer. That particular guide has been set to private by the author—looks like he might be working on improving it.

Is it Nicks?

Yup. Looks like he's been working on some edits.

What I'd suggest you do is check for an image with a flashlight. If it's stable, then it's likely a bad backlight tube or capacitors. Beyond that, the capacitors should be inspected. In many cases, a complete recap will fix the problem.

If the capacitors look okay or a recap didn’t work, the problem usually lies with the power supply inverter or the panel backlight. Sometimes this is fixed with a power supply, but it rarely fixes the problem. Mine lasted ~1 year with a recap and ended up failing when the backlight burned out on one end (usually black). This is usually indicated by one end being darker then the other. I don't recommend removing it because it's hard to do without damage, but if it's not working it's safe to assume it’s a backlight tube failure.

The problem in your case is it's likely like mine where a new power supply won’t fix the problem because it’s a bad panel. Since the panel is old and out of production (and expensive), you’re better off replacing your monitor and recycling this one. Beyond attempting a capacitor replacement, it isn’t worth repairing the monitor.

Fixedit! changed the 5 caps, resurrect my 10 years old AL2216W!

My caps are fine and the two boards are fine. It is the backlite that are gone. can someone tell mewhere to get the backlite replacement?

oscarpro will be eternally grateful.