22" 16:10 LCD monitor introduced in 2007. This monitor may not be the most accurate in Mac OS X unless calibrated.

My monitor won't lite up

AL2216W monitor

My monitor won't lite up. The power button is lite (green) but no display.

Check the capacitors for swelling and/or corrosion: Acer AL2216W Power Supply Capacitor Replacement

I have bad capacitors in my AL2216W, too. Is this guide still available somewhere?

I do not know why access is now forbidden. I'll link this question to someone at the iFixit staff and see if they can fix it! @kaykay

Hi @mayer. That particular guide has been set to private by the author—looks like he might be working on improving it.

Is it Nicks?

Yup. Looks like he's been working on some edits.

Along with capacitor failure, mine had it's BER failure when the backlight tube physically burned out.

Check for a image with a flashlight, and see it's really a problem with the backlight not working. If you have a image but it has no backlight it's a power supply board or panel issue. Take the monitor apart and check for bad caps to figure out what the problem is.

If your caps look good, chances are good that it's a backlight tube burnout rather then bad caps. If the caps are bulged it needs to be recapped and will probably come back to life with a set of brand new capacitors. While it is possible a new power supply may work, it's a gamble I would not suggest you take. It's almost always going to be a bad panel. Panels are not worth repairing. The main problem is the cost of these panels has skyrocketed being CCFL based. They are no longer being produced so when you find one, it will always cost an arm and a leg to get.

The cost of a new panel makes it more economical to find a working one used rather then repair the one you have.

Fixedit! changed the 5 caps, resurrect my 10 years old AL2216W!

My caps are fine and the two boards are fine. It is the backlite that are gone. can someone tell mewhere to get the backlite replacement?

oscarpro will be eternally grateful.