22" 16:10 LCD monitor introduced in 2007. This monitor may have color accuracy problems in some releases of Mac OS X without calibration.

My monitor won't lite up

AL2216W monitor

My monitor won't lite up. The power button is lite (green) but no display.

Check the capacitors for swelling and/or corrosion: Acer AL2216W Power Supply Capacitor Replacement

I have bad capacitors in my AL2216W, too. Is this guide still available somewhere?

I do not know why access is now forbidden. I'll link this question to someone at the iFixit staff and see if they can fix it! @kaykay

Hi @mayer. That particular guide has been set to private by the author—looks like he might be working on improving it.

Is it Nicks?

Yup. Looks like he's been working on some edits.

What I'd suggest you do is check for an image with a flashlight. If it's stable, then it's likely a bad backlight tube or capacitors. Past that, the first thing to do is to inspect the capacitors and see if they are good. If any of the caps are bad, replace the whole set and that will probably fix it.

If the capacitors look okay or recapping the monitor didn't work, it's probably a panel fault related to the backlight. Sometimes this is fixed with a power supply, but it rarely fixes the problem. When mine failed after the recap (which fixed it for a year), the second problem I had was panel related. In my case, the actual tube was black on one side and flickered for a while before it burned out for good. I don't recommend removing it because it's hard to do without damage, but if it's not working it's safe to assume that's why it failed.

The problem in your case is it's likely like mine where a new power supply would not fix it, since the problem is panel related. I wouldn't recommend even trying to fix it if it isn't a capacitor problem because of the high likelyhood the panel is where the problem lies. This issue is made worse by the fact that nobody makes CCFL panels anymore, so the remaining stock tends to be very expensive when you find them. They often cost so much it's cheaper to buy a whole new monitor and to recycle the old one.

Fixedit! changed the 5 caps, resurrect my 10 years old AL2216W!

My caps are fine and the two boards are fine. It is the backlite that are gone. can someone tell mewhere to get the backlite replacement?

oscarpro will be eternally grateful.