Repairs for cell phones designed by Asus.

Asus ZenFone 5 Bottom microphone not working

Hello !

I have Asus Zenfone 5 and the bottom microphone is not working.

The bottom micropgone is soldered in pcb

can i desolder with hot air gun or how can i replace?

Thank you!

i am also facing a same problem

I am also facing that problem . When I am using headphone or loud speaker then caller can here my voice otherwise not.

I fix this problem .. I changed my microphone and now everything is ok

Hello again!

I have also had the same problem with my microphone ASUS ZENFONE 5 A500KL 16 GB.

The problem is the flexible flat cable connecting the top plate to the bottom and passing above the battery (it is glued), it is heated and cable shrinks making it disengages from the socket, losing the function of the microphone and the SIM card.

Request and change this cable is the solution I've found at factories in China through Ali Baba, and is very easy to change. you only need a Phillips screwdriver adjustment (fine), and a utility knife to loosen the battery. I leave the link of the parts and the video link.

REPLACEMENT:

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/Original-R...

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYP7u_6Y...

Most Helpful Answer

Did this work?

I've got the same problem and my research seems to indicate it might be a software problem as the microphone works when you put a call on speakerphone.

Hi, i have same problem like you sir. Have u fix this problem. Would u tell me how to fix it, please?

how can i fix this problem as mic is working when speakerphone is on..

Mr @Amer, your problem is same like me. Just go to your nearest Asus center or Mobile Servicing center then tell them to replace your microphone 1 and when they will replace it with new one then your phone will work like before.

your primary mic is gone guys when u turn on loudspeaker your secondary mic works

Sometimes the Flexible printed circuit board from the bottom Mice whith the Cardslots for SD-Card and Sim Card is broken or not well fixed in the upper or lower plug.

Its a bug. Delete all the alarms and restart the phone. It works intermittently for me.

Yes, you can use a hot air gun to remove and replace the bottom microphone if it is surface mounted. It isn't too difficult if you have a modicum of soldering experience.

No luck so far, still haven't found out whether hardware or software problem.

People Please Don't buy any asus product in india coz there is no proper service centre and every smartphones has some problems... Pls Don't buy asus smartphones... Please...Please ...Please

The same issue is with my phone too. MIC does not work in normal mode but works well with speaker phone. Are there 2 Mics in Zenfone 2, just wondering? If no, than its not a hardware issue.

Yes, it has 2 or 3 microphones. I eventually had to replace the sub board that contains the main microphone

What do i do ? i am in oman.

Hello again!

REPLACEMENT:

VIDEO:

I have the same problem with my Asus Zenfone 5 A500KL , i buy it in 2014/02/12 and work perfect all time , no crash, no water, have a heavy bumper original asus case protector. but a few days my Microphone dont work , only in free hands call, i cant rec any voice . Really is a bug in android lollipop 5.0? i send a report to Asus Spain with this problem , and i am waiting response.

Anybody can help me?? Thanks. Onix

Hello again!

REPLACEMENT:

VIDEO:

I had same problem, after lots of investigation and posts suggestions, it was an hardware issue, you need to change your Mic Strip, spear phone mic is different then what is there at the bottom.

There is no software issue, I had formatted, upgrade to Latest Kitkat and then lollipop but nothing helped, the problem seemed resolved for some time after each upgrade, but only for a day, finally after the hardware change it got fixed and did not reoccur.

Guys no need to replace the hardware. Do a factory reset of the phone and make sure that you dont update any App from Asus. Faced the same problem,but after the reset everything works like a charm. No problem since last two months.Will try to investigate and pin point which App is creating the problem.Have serious doubts on the Asus Alarm app.

I have same problem with Asus Zenfone 6. What I did is I uninstalled the Asus Digital Clock & widget apps in Google Play store. After that I did testing again, and the problem solved. In my case, Chiranjib Sarma is correct. No hardware issue. It just a bug in Asus Clock apps. Try uninstalled (remove the last update) and test again. Hope that helps.

i reset my asus zenfone 2 laser twice. Disabled asus clock on phone. Not still working. Only secondary mic working on using loudspeaker. its hardware problem i think. i am never using this product again.

Serafin will be eternally grateful.