Model number NX785QC8G, released in 2014. RK3188 Quad core ARM Cortex A9/1.6GHz Processor, 1GB DDR RAM.

battery wont hold charge very long

can charge tablet to full, at half battery tablet will shut itself off. Or will not come on at all unless hooked to wall adapter. has same battery that came with it when it was given to me as christmas gift. do i need new battery?

Most Helpful Answer

Yes I think replacing the battery is the best choice as it sounds like your battery is at the end of its lifetime. Especially if it has been through many charge cycles. There are many factors that can effect the lifetime of a battery. Using an incorrect charger to charge the device can shorten the battery life because the battery is likely being supplied with to high of a charge current or to low of current which can eventually cause damage to the battery and possibly the charging IC on the logic board. It's not good for a battery to leave it on a charger for extended periods of time either, because overcharging can cause damage to a battery. Letting a battery discharge to often to the point it turns itself off can also shorten a battery's lifetime. Exposing to extreme temperatures often can shorten a battery's life as well. For a longer battery lifetime one should try to connect to a charger at 20% battery level and remove from charger at around 90%.

The fact that it won't hold a charge long, even though the battery charge indicator software says its at 50% may signal a failing battery. I know a 3.75v battery will fail to power on a device if its voltage falls below 3.4v, which is the point in time the device will power itself off. If the battery discharges quickly after a full charge(within an hour or two) then it should fix the issue by replacing the battery. Sometimes software may cause issues by not properly monitoring the battery's charge levels.

You could also try resetting the device to factory settings before buying a new battery. This may help if it is a software related issue. Make sure to back up any data you want saved before doing a reset.

What type of battery used? where I can buy ?

Also, if all else fails, before throwing the device away, try re-installing windows. I had a similar problem and this seemed to help. Windows has a glitch that tends to effect the batteries performance and can prevent re-charging of the battery as well. Doesn't make logical sense, but this true. I'm a witness!

how do you change the battier and where do you get one

battery's pplus bulbs

The tablet has an internal battery you cannot just replace it you would have to go and have a certified tech fix it...may be a software issue mine did it after I factory reseted it

This site provides guides to help prevent taking things to a repair shop. This device has a guide to help replace the battery if needed. One just needs to be able to locate a replacement battery and follow the guides to install it.

these have a problem with the battery connector not being on all the way because of a short cable you have to open the tablet up and either tape connector in place or extend cable I have fixed 2 of these tablets by doing this it would shut off at 20% or not charge fully see this link http://freaktab.com/forum/tablet-support...

The reason that the tablet shut itself at half battery it means the battery is dead,u have to buy a new one

If you have a tablet how would you change the battery? Maybe just out of luck? I have the same issue...

the plug to charges the tablet broken

The plug in won't stay connected and when it comes out the tablet will turn its self of when its not chargeing

I just won this nextbook at a Christmas party...and have had it for 1 week and is totally dead..this is so wrong...i nned to purchase a new battery for a new tablet.wow this is crazy...

How long should a battery keep a charge .

3 hrs about depending on the usage

How can I fix my tablet to get back to holding a full charge

these tablets have a battery connection problem open up tablet and push battery connector all the way on use tape to keep it in place the cable is to short so when the cover is put back together it pulls connector of just enough to cause these symptoms they come from the factory like this fixed a few of them already see link bellow to enhance your tablet and where I found the info on how to fix the battery problem

http://freaktab.com/forum/tablet-support...

haunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G

just so you know this tablet is a piece of $@$*, yes it has GREAT specs buut it just simply doesn't work.. it turns off never to turn on again.. i'm sorry ppl but its true, and its also cheap, great specs for only like 75 bucks and i'm a computer hardware designer and programmer/ administrator so i know my stuff. it just simple doesn't turn back on.

-Paul-

Why do my new nextbook8 stay charged supposed to be 8 hour battery

I charge battery all night and it only last 2-3 hours new nextbook8 why only had it 2 weeks all I do is Facebook most of the time it has a 8 hour battery it said?

This means you over charged it, it's only supposed to charge the given time in the manual, maybe 2-3 hrs at most. Over charging it will fry the battery and make it hold less energy and have less power.

If anything replace the battery, but a good tip is to never leave the device in overcharge. Only charge the device with the given time on the manual, maybe about 2-3 hrs. Over charging the device will end up frying the system's battery and it will last only half as long.

algdutton2012 will be eternally grateful.