Announced September 9th, 2014, this device is Apple's first foray into smart wearables. iFixit's repair manuals are applicable to Apple Watch (steel) and Apple Watch Sport (aluminum).

Sapphire Screen Replacement Possible?

Is it possible to replace the Ion-X screen in the Apple Watch Sport with a Sapphire Screen? When will screens be available for purchase?

Most Helpful Answer

I do not believe that you can switch the screens across the different models. By doing that repair, you could possibly be compromising the integrity of the water-resistance of the watch. It definitely would be interesting if it was possible.

In regards to the screens being available, they shouldn't be available form iFixit for at least another month. I am sure, though, that they are working as fast as they can to get the products to market for purchase.

Hope this answers your questions.

I Would really love to replace the ion x screen by the sapphire!

My ion x is scratched and it's driving me nuts. i only have had it for 3 days and already notice some little scratches. It is not normal.

I really want to replace the screen by the sapphire!

You can. But, as far as I know you can't replace just the glass touch screen due to a software issue, you'd have to replace the whole OLED screen.

you can get a Sapphire apple watch Screen Replacement here

jasonmunzer will be eternally grateful.