Announced October 22nd and released November 12th, 2013. The iPad mini 2, also known as the iPad mini with Retina Display, has all the pixels of the iPad Air in a smaller 7.9" form factor.

Difference between ipad mini lcd and ipad mini 2 lcd

Hi, I have a bunch of iPad mini LCD's and I'm curious if there are any physical differences (not talking about resolution here) between ipad mini and mini 2 LCD's? I have a lot to go through so any difference that I can quickly glance at would be very helpful.

Thanks.

I've found a difference.

If you're looking at the LCD from the back there is a small cable on the right.

On the Retina displays the cable comes up from the bottom of the display.

On the non-retina displays the cable comes from the side of the panel.

Would like a photo if possible

You know, I'm pretty sure you're right. But while looking for both images to show side by side, Google shows both the ribbons the same. I did notice the strip across the bottom missing from the mini1. Tho I can currently only vouch for the mini2 in front of me.

-Both of these images are from a Google search result. I am not the photographer. All credit goes to them, and all that jazz.

RegencyTech will be eternally grateful.