The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a 10.1-inch Android-based tablet computer and belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series.

My Tablet just stopped working . will not allow charging

Tablet has turned off and will not boot up via charger. The table is several years old could it be the battery and can it be replaced?

Most Helpful Answer

Try connecting it to different power sources and see if you're able to get any activity to show on the screen. Do you see any status lights or icons on the screen when you plug it in?

On my tablet it does a battery icon

I love my samsung tablet & I've only had it seven months. All of a sudden it won't charge. I've tried different chargers. It doesn't help. I can't even get the back off to look at battery. Very frustrating & no clue what to do.

Have the very same problem..waiting for an answer. Let's hope we get one.

Thanks for this, been a while since we could afford a new device so this article really helped us save a few $$$. Thanks!

Open your Tab, remove small black plug leave it off for 10-15 sec.

Attatch it again. close Tablet and start charging.

Remember not to drain your battery hereafter, otherwise you have to do this operation each and every time.

Se tube vid here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTp2BIx...

Ronny

I had same issue, with one of my samsung tablets.

I found out that if i open up then tablet, disconnect the small battery cable for 10-15 sec, re-attatche the cable, the problem is solved. And i can charge again.

Just making sure NEVER to let the tablet completly loos power, always make sure that there is power on battery.

But much better to replace the battery.

My tablet is 4 months old. Bought it brand new from at&t won't charge . Doesn't work. Gonna try opening and disconnect for 15 seconds then reconmect.

Hello. It could be one of three things that is causing your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to no longer be able to charge. Those three things are the charger, the charging port being faulty or it needs a new battery (most likely). You can rule out the charger by purchasing another one and trying it with your tablet. I did a quick search and and you can find one for less than $5 on various sites like ebay/amazon. Here is a link to one on ebay selling for about $4 with shipping:

Samung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Charging Cable

Due to the age of the tablet (about 3 years old) the second and most likely thing that is causing this charging issue is the battery needs to be replaced. Here is a link to a replacement battery for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for less than $30 and it also includes all of the necessary tools to open up your tablet and replace the battery yourself:

Replacement Battery for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Ifixit.com has lots of awesome galaxy tab repair guides but not for the Galaxy tab 2 10.1 specifically as of yet. Here is a link to another repair guide on the same site as the battery listed above:

Battery Replacement Guide for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

If it is not the charger or the battery it is possible that the charging port has become faulty (least likely scenario). This can be diagnosed by a local electronics repair shop or you can purchase a new port flex cable and replace it while replacing the battery. It can be found on sites like ebay for less than $10. Hope this helps!

I have a galaxy 8 which just shut down even though there was battery life. I can't restart it or charge it. It's a few years old now. Any advice please?

My galaxy tab S 10.5 had wi-fi stop conecting then wouldn't charge. Sent g or repair and they said software fault likely cause and hage had 5 sent in with charging fault. Trying to find an answer.

How come when I go on my tablet that keep coming up

Why wont my tablet charge

I am person I have lot things on my tablet that I need that why I buy tablet

I am so sad about my tablet

JoAnn Heil will be eternally grateful.