Released in 2013 as a budget smartphone, the Idol features a 4.7-inch IPS LCD panel, 1 Ghz dual-core processor, and a 8 MP camera.

How can I fix a broken and unresponsive screen?

I recently dropped my phone on a gravel pathway. The screen is broken and cracked and the screen is unresponsive. How can I fix it and what do I need to buy in order to replace the broken parts?

Hello Aimee, there may be a few options depending on the displays condition.

Touch screens consist of a few different parts that can be replaced depending on the problem a user encounters. The two main parts are referred to as the digitizer and the LCD. The digitizer is the part that is responsible for sensing touch and sits in front of the LCD and is adhered to the bottom side of the top sheet of glass on the screen. The LCD is only responsible for displaying the image on the screen.

So if your screen is cracked and the touch function is not working at all or incorrectly but the it does display an image fine than you have the option of only replacing the digitizer. If the phone does not display a picture, or if the picture is distorted or displayed incorrectly than the LCD has been damaged and needs replaced.

You can usually purchase the display parts in numerous forms such as from individual pieces to the whole display assembly. Sometimes you can buy the front housing with the display already adhered in place. It all depends on the damage and how easy you want the repair to be and how much money to spend. Replacing the whole display unit as one is usually easier than replacing single parts of the display, but of course costs more. Hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank you so much! This was very helpful :) The screen is fine nothing looks distorted so i think i'll just have to replace the digitizer.

Did it work?

Wow!!! Amazing

Im confused!

Start your own question and you'll get specific help for your problem

Aimee Luong will be eternally grateful.