Released in 2013 as a budget smartphone, the Idol features a 4.7-inch IPS LCD panel, 1 Ghz dual-core processor, and a 8 MP camera.

How can I fix a broken and unresponsive screen?

I recently dropped my phone on a gravel pathway. The screen is broken and cracked and the screen is unresponsive. How can I fix it and what do I need to buy in order to replace the broken parts?

How much is a digitizer

Hello Ryan, sites like eBay and Amazon sell just the digitizer for $10 or more.

i dropped my phone recently similar to what happened to you Ryan, it fell and the screen was cracked and the touch sensors are now unresponsive, what shall i do???

Hi this happened me too, a crack appeared and I genuinely have no idea how as it didn't fall, it is now in for assessment and talk is could cost up to 130e for repair, even though phone only 5 weeks old. Was told it was a pressure crack whatever that is, anyone else have that problem, thanks

Hello Aimee, there may be a few options depending on the displays condition.

Touch screens consist of a few different parts that can be replaced depending on the problem a user encounters. The two main parts are referred to as the digitizer and the LCD. The digitizer is the part that is responsible for sensing touch and sits in front of the LCD and is adhered to the bottom side of the top sheet of glass on the screen. The LCD is only responsible for displaying the image on the screen.

So if your screen is cracked and the touch function is not working at all or incorrectly but the it does display an image fine than you have the option of only replacing the digitizer. If the phone does not display a picture, or if the picture is distorted or displayed incorrectly than the LCD has been damaged and needs replaced.

You can usually purchase the display parts in numerous forms such as from individual pieces to the whole display assembly. Sometimes you can buy the front housing with the display already adhered in place. It all depends on the damage and how easy you want the repair to be and how much money to spend. Replacing the whole display unit as one is usually easier than replacing single parts of the display, but of course costs more. Hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank you so much! This was very helpful :) The screen is fine nothing looks distorted so i think i'll just have to replace the digitizer.

Did it work?

So my cubot is the same so all i need to do is just replace the didgitizer?

Will this work with a Nextbook?

@Robert Randall

Yes I have worked on a Nextbook and the model I repaired did not have the digitizer adhered to the LCD. So if the LCD is functioning like normal than you should be able to just replace the digitizer.

If my screen broke and my phone do as work without any problems but screen were broke what is the repalce ment and how ita cost

Sounds like you would just have to buy a new screen. But the price varies on what type of phone you have and what website or store you buy it from. I hope this helps.

Where would I need to go get a new charging port and LCD / digitizer parts for the alcatel one touch.

hello

my name is Aaron I purchase a the screen replacement for the umi touch phone and is seem to have a hardware problem i cant use the screen in its totality only part of the screen works, please i would love to resolve this issue please get back with me when you get a chance

aarun can u teach me how to replace only the digitizer of the umi touch pleade

my phone fell down and its touch is not working,can you please say, how much it cost to repair it?

Aimee Luong will be eternally grateful.