Is it OK to clean iPhone 6 ear speaker with compressed air?

Is it OK to clean an iPhone 6 ear speaker with gentle bursts of compressed air at an angle? Will this force debris into the iPhone?

Most Helpful Answer

I would not use compressed air. Rather use a blower brush or a small fine haired paintbrush or even a terry cloth style, ie thick not smooth, microfiber cloth. The microfiber cloths made from a poly fabric will often have enough static charge to clean out the small opening. Canned air could possibly damage anything inside of the phone due to its high velocity when leaving the can. A Q-tip would also be effective at removing an object. Wet a cloth & roll the Q-tip through the wet cloth, which can get the dirt to stick to the Q-tip if you need to.

I think your advice is good. I did clean the speaker gently with compressed air, at grazing angles, before submitting the question, and then thought maybe that wasn't a good idea. I just hope I didn't damage anything or force lint into the phone.

you did good

the air compressor is fine Apple uses that don't trust what the other person said

jkevn will be eternally grateful.