20", 23", and 30" aluminum LCD displays introduced by Apple in June 2004 and discontinued in 2010. Models A1081, A1082, and A1083 respectively.

How many CCFL tubes in 30" display

Wondering if somebody can tell me how many CCFL's there are in the Cinema 30 inch display.

Also, if you've have taken one apart, how long are the CCFL's and what diameter?

I'm trying to find some replacements.

Did you ever find a solution? Could you share if so?

I have two that I would like to fix.

many thanks for asking. well it was a other problem. the CCFL's are not damaged. the line driver are defective.

oh, thank you for letting me know...it seems you had luck in fixing it, I hope I will be able to do the same.

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Here's one of the last sources I know of for CCFL's: LCD Parts.Net.

Most Helpful Answer

I think there are totally 16 CCFLs distributed horizontally & evenly at the back of the LCD. I don't know exactly how long they are, but they are at least as long as the width of the screen, so the illumination could be even.

I've been wondering why there is so little information about the aluminum displays (A1081, A1082, A1083). I'm pretty sure there are still many being used, and some may need attendance. Maybe ifixit.com could show some instructions on this.

Mark Ellis will be eternally grateful.