This is a point-and-shoot camera created by Canon in 2011.

Why am I getting a Lens Error?

When I turn the camera on, the lens stays extended and the LCD screen displays "Lens Error/Will shut down automatically/Restart now." I've tried turning the camera off and on again but the error still displays. When the camera is off, the lens remains extended.

remove the battery. close the terminal. hold the on/off button for 1 minute. replace battery. turn on and use.

This is a known error with the Canon PowerShot S100 camera. For more information, you can visit Canon's press release here or you can attempt to fix it here.

Here is a link to our troubleshooting section about this issue.

Canon will not fix my camera because of rust and corrosion. I am warning people not to send their camera back. They are trying to get out of actually fixing the situation by forcing an out of warranty repair. I barely used this camera so I know that the rust and corrosion is not something I caused.

If Canon won't fix it, go with this place. They have serviced multiple cameras for me and they are excellent (about half the price of Canon).

This is who I used: www.camerasandparts.com

Good luck with the problem

I fixed my Canon PowerShot S110 with the vacuum cleaner. I turned on the vacuum, placed the hose over the lens, turned the camera on and off and hooray . . . it worked! Good luck fixing yours. Kathie

Ricky will be eternally grateful.