Unveiled at the 2000 North American International Auto Show on January 10, 2000, the redesigned 2001 Dodge Caravan and 2001 Chrysler Town & Country were released for sale in August 2000.

Radio Wont Turn On

Hey everyone, a few days ago I plugged in my Phone charger into my van and it started charging my phone for about 5 seconds. After that it started smoking and now the radio will not turn on. I can not play Cd's or cassette tapes either. It wont even let me use an auxiliary cord to connect to my phone for music. I'm assuming its a blown fuse but I am not sure about that. I found the fuse box in the engine but Ive looked on the internet and every website says that that fuse box doesn't have anything to do with the electronics on the inside of the vehicle but they don't say were the other fuse box would be. I have researched more and websites say there is another one but they don't say where. if you guys no where it is could you please let me know so i can get my radio fixed.

what year is your van ?

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same problem twice and I fixed myself, you are right is a blown fuse and is in the fuse box that is located in the engine compartment, you have to look for a yellow 20A fuse.stand next to the driver side front tire, with the head light to your left and driver door to your right,is 3 yellow fuses near to the battery check the one on the left that is the one for your radio. On the fuse box lid is marked as RDO/IPIGN. I drive a 02 grand caravan ES, I hope this help solve your problem, driving without music is not fun at all.

that might help i half to drive with no music

I can always count on this site to help me thanks

Right on the nose! My radio had stoped working 2 days ago while I was plugin my phone-jack. Found this fix up and stoped, opened the hood. Opened the fuse box and after looking around a little bit found the fuse, took it out and there it was! Shorted. Went to my local AutoZone and bought the fuse (pack of 5) and changed the offending part. And presto! I have radio again. Grand Caravan 2005. Fixed. Thanks!!!

Thank you! You are a genius!!!

What about a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan sxt?

Thanks , it worked . owners info was no help it does not show the fuse for radio.

I have a 2002 grand caravan with radio and auto lock problems. I have checked the fuses that was mentioned but no luck! I'm doing something wrong, please advise. I'm going to try and get new fuses. The ones I have look good to me. Need help!!! Thanking you in advance.

I HAVE SOLVED THE SHORTING OUT PROBLEM OF THE RADIO SHORTING OUT, FLASHING, RESETTING, OR JUST PLAIN NOT WORKING!!! It is in the radio, behind the buttons. After six months of listening fools tell me to connect and disconnect, change fuses, etc, and pulling my hair, i finally removed the radio. using a star set of drivers i removed the front panel of the radio, and then the green board on the back of that panel, looking for dirt or bad connections. i found two flat, square, gold contact points on the green panel. there were tow very thin metal contacts on the button board that corresponded to these contact points. i noticed the metal was bent very far down, so i very gently placed a tiny screwdriver behind the contacts and gently bent them forward, where they would make a better contact with the little squares. i screwed the radio back together, re-installed it, and BAM. worked like a champ. lights, buttons, switches, the works. i'm going to go take a ride now and listen to my radio -- on ALL the stations.

I am having same problem with my radio in my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan sport- radio suddenly switches station then resets to 12:00. Now not working at all! I checked fuses- all OK. I took apart the center area to pull radio out, and checked wires leading into. but I did not take apart actual radio as there are all these warning stickers on there about invisible laser beam radiation-- is that the compartment you opened? We also have a DVD player that has not worked for 2 years - the dealership said it would be like $500 just to look at it (on our 14 year old van!)

update -- my fix was temporary. best advice -- get a new radio. i got one on craigslist for $20 and it works perfectly

Thank you was absolutely correct plugged in phone charger and radio went out but clock time still worked

Dante will be eternally grateful.