Released November 2013, Model Number RCT6077W2, 4GB Storage, 7" Touchscreen.

Why wont my tablet turn on?

I've tried everything from holding down the lock button to charging it for endless hours but still nothing.

I happen to have an RCA 11 Maven Pro (RCT6213W87) that has just recently suffered the same fate after 2 years of flawless operation. I've tried the same things, but still nothing. In addition, the battery seems to be working, seeing as my laptop seems to recognize the device for a few seconds, with intervals of a few more seconds in between. When charging, the charge light doesn't come on, either.

My RCA tablet model:RCT6773W22BFCC has been siting for over 3-4 weeks and every time I try to turn it on it flashes and doesn't charge please help me!!!

Bought on 9/30 and by 10/02 the thing won't charge or turn on. Geesh! Don't know what to do. So much for a cool b-day present!

I bought on 12/20/16 gave it as a christmas gift on 12/25. My grandson said it stopped coming on on 1/16/17. The store won't take it back or even exchange it and RCA won't pick up the phone what to do next? Hazel Wyatt

thanks for your questions. I have noticed you bought the item with which there is something wrong. I can remind you that if you bought this from online, you can contact your original seller for help as the warranty is valid for one year. Please don't worry; in general, he will help you. Or you can go to the retailing store to repair it. I think both two above solutions are very practical. In all, it depends on what you choose. Please tell me your solutions.

Great question. We've got a few of the possibilities listed on the device's troubleshooting page, but I'll go over a couple here. Make sure that your device's power button is pressing correctly. If it seems sticky or doesn't move, you may need to open up the device and re-seat it. If that's not the issue, make sure that lights are turning on when you attempt to turn on the device. If they are turning on but your screen isn't, your device's motherboard or LCD may be going bad. If no lights turn on, likely your battery has gone bad or won't hold a charge.

I'm having same problem piece of crap

My granddaughter has a computer that's only 2 1/2 months old

My is 3/3 months

My RCA Mavin Pro was bought a few days before Black Friday. It just recently stopped coming on.

I would try to charge it with the plug and see what happens, I just worked on one that wouldn't charge, and the dc port was smashed. I soldered some wires to the jack pads (where the center pin and one of the side tabs was) and used it with a 5v dc power source and it charged to full. This one still will not charge with USB

Contact RCA, this is a faulty logic board issue and you can get a refund under warranty, or replacement. If you have opened your device you're not eligible. Provide your tablet's serial number.

Ok I actually opened the tablet and for my case it is a burnt regulator. I cannot see the item number, so I cannot change it. If someone can read this regulators mark on it, it might actually really help us

https://goo.gl/photos/yeCmhRCjhwTWVF8JA

a closer shoot

https://goo.gl/photos/3k6CdjTJGKVVXcCL6

I have symptoms that point to this part being bad (battery won't charge, USB doesn't provide power) but no burnt components. I'll try and ID the part.

I got a good look at the board I have here with a 45x microscope. My board layout is slightly different than the pictures you posted, but similar enough that it's definitely the same tablet make, just maybe a different version or revision. There is only one other SOT-23 5-pin device on my board, and its relatively close to the location of the one you have pictured, so it's a good chance they have the same function. The number on mine is "AT6280B" with a date code of 1428. I couldn't find that part, but I did find a similar SY6280, listing it as a "Low Loss Power Distribution Switch" - which totally makes sense. I would think any other of these parts with similar specs would work. Maybe a DIOO part, "DIO7063AST". Mouser has it, maybe Digi-Key does, too.

Don't forget that a burnt out part may indicate that there's another bad component that caused it to fail! Hopefully it is the only thing that's bad, but expect to keep hunting. Godspeed!

Try holding down your power button for 15 seconds. If it doesn't work try plugging the charger in and hold it down for 20 seconds. I had the exact same problem.

holding power did nothing for me. If i plug in the tablet and hold the power it will boot up. However I am unable to remove the charger as it will immediately shut off. It says it is charging, however the battery percentage keeps dropping.

Hi guys. First off thanks to Alex's advice,I emailed RCA. I purchased the Walmart 7 inch tab for my birthday and it quit working two days later. I found this board and got the help I needed so maybe this works for you.

I went to their website, sent a message about the tab, and surprisingly enough, they hit me back. They gave me a repair number, and since I had just bought it, I did not need to provide them with a receipt. I was instructed to mail the tab back (costed me 5.00). I did, and about two weeks later, they sent me a new one. No questions asked.

My tablet int turn on for nothing and I I all these things and it still not turning on

My tablet isn't turning on and I did all these thing and it's still not turning on

I sent it back and got the replacement. It took about two weeks. As long as they can look up the serial number, they should be able to replace it at about a 5.00 charge for shipping. It may be something on the inside. Mine would not charge, would not turn on. It was a paperweight.

Had same problem with my sons Rca tablet...Nothing worked that I read so this is what I did.... Unplug charger, Take the screws out of casing and carefully pop casing off....There will b a small plug connecting battery to the mother board.....Disconnect the battery and hold down reset button for 5 seconds to drain power...After that plug it back in, put casing back on and plug it charger....takes about 10 minutes to do....Should boot right up!

Alex Torres will be eternally grateful.