The Sony Xperia Z3 is an android smartphone released in 2014 known for it’s long battery life and durability.

What to replace if my screen is cracked?

Hello and thanks for replying me . My sony xperia z3 d6603 just fell and the screen is cracked , the display is here at 100% , the power button , volume up/down and the camera button works . but there is no touch.. as i can see on other devices , even when the screen is cracked , the touch still works but on mine it is not the case at all. If you could tell me what to change such as digitizer or lcd or any other thing please . thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Answer

If just the screen is cracked and the pictures works fine than you have a bad digitizer. The digitizer is responsible for sensing touch and relaying the information to the CPU. The LCD is behind the digitizer and is responsible for displaying the image only.

If touch is not responsive then the digitizer has been damaged and needs replaced. You can usually find the digitizer part by itself but you can also replace the digitizer and LCD as one unit. Digitizers are usually fairly inexpensive compare to the whole unit.

Sometimes its a challenge to find the digitizer only. And this model has the digitizer and LCD bonded so it may be easier to replace as the unit. It will definately be easier to find the part such as the one Anglica has listed. That's your choice on how easy you want the repair to be or how much money you want to spend.

my z3 same the case, but I have replaced the lcd screen, however, it still not work for the touch screen, what can I do now??

Thanks frist

hello ericmobi

It is possible that the Flexcables took some damage while replacing the LCD-Unit. You should test another Unit (you still can send it back to the seller if its not working, too).

Hussein will be eternally grateful.