The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a 10.1-inch Android-based tablet computer and belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series.

Touch screen or power buttons not working after battery replacement

The other day my tablet died and I tried charging it, and it would charge and black out maybe two seconds later. so I left it to charge hoping it was someday regain enough batterg charge so I can turn it on. It didnt let me turn it on ,without the charger, til 3 days later. I did my research and bought a new battery. So i replaced the battery

And now my touch screen, or my power button won't

work. The battery is at 100% appearantly and i cant turn it on, with or without the charger plugged in, ive tried the whole "wait two hours and press this button and that button for so long" I've tried it all and nothing.

Most Helpful Answer

I just replaced my battery, and had the issue with the touch screen not working. It turned out that I had broken off one of the "locks" on the ribbon cable connectors when removing the old battery. On re-assembly the ribbon cable was just lying in the slot, not clamped down, and not making good contact. This was the middle cable, which on my tablet is brown. I fixed it by sticking a piece of scotch tape to the back of the end of the ribbon and trimming it to fit, thus making the cable thicker. I then slid that end of the ribbon cable back in to its slot, re-assembled the unit, and the touch screen started working again. Also, the lines on the cables need to line up with the lines on the main board, otherwise the cable is not inserted far enough for a good connection.

Hope this helps you.

I too have this problem, anyone answered?

My on off switch works just fine but the touch screen does not respond. I'm thinking one of the ribbon connectors is not seated properly. Problem is I don't know which one controls the screen. Help

same problem

Catherine Cortez will be eternally grateful.