Transparent rectangles across the bottom portion of the screen.

So recently my phone has been getting productively worse. It started with like ghostly clicks on things I don't want and it just writing complete jibberish when I'm trying to write something to my friends. I have not tried to open up my iPhone or do i want to. I have tried to restart and just turning off and on but the rectangles are still there. The area it is affecting the most is right where it would say swipe right to unlock on the lock screen. Or for better perspective on the keyboard it is along the line that allows you to capitalize, z, x, c, v, b, n, m, and delete, all those are currently useless. Another thing is it doesn't respond on the screen where I want it to.

Most Helpful Answer

Double click with your three fingers at time on the appeared box. It will go off the screen.

Wow, thanks so much. Such a simple solution.

omggggg THANK YOUUUUUUU i thought i was gonna have to buy a new phone lmao

No problem thanks

Now the rectangles usually relate to the screen connectors being loose if you open up and make sure they are pressed down 100% then recheck screen.

If it still looks bad then is most likely a damaged screen

Thanks for the reply, I don't want to open up my phone because I don't think I have the right tools and I don't want to further damage the phone. I will just take it into apple and have them fix it. I just didn't know if there was something I can do fix it like restarting the phone but thanks anyway!

Mine now has the bars ...was Apple able to fix it?

Was it dropped?? Did it just start happening? Was it reposted with a new screen?

Bit more info and we can give you a good answer

Well it was dropped once but it was in an otter box which I thought was suppose to protect from this, the ghost like clicks just started happening out of nowhere but the rectangles came after a drop while it was in the case

wow i just tried this, after 3 months of thinking m phone is on the way out it seems to have completely solved it, pressing it right down around the various points of the screen has removed the white squares.

How do I fix those boxes appearing on the screen of my iPhone 5

anibalgarza2 will be eternally grateful.