The 2008-2012 Ford Escape features a revised front and rear fascia and restyled LED tail lamps.

2009 Ford Escape windshield washer not spraying?

My 2009 Ford Escape windshield washer front and back stopped working at the same time a few months ago. I haven't had a chance to look at it until last night. The reservoir is filled to the max line. There hasn't been any leakage. I tested the pumps by having the hood open, windows down, and ran the motors. I know they work because they are on the same circuit as the wipers. The wipers work, but no fluid in front or back come out? Would this be a clogged pump, reservoir dirty, or clogged lines? Thanks.

Brian, did you find out what was causing this? I have the exact same problem. David

Brian, did you get a resolution to your problem? I'm having the same issue. Doesn't seem right that it could be the pump, since it appears there is a separate pump for front and rear.

Hey Brian,

I'm glad to hear it was a simple pump to replace.

PT

Which pump did they replace since both front and back were not working? Or did they have to replace both??? Just curious, mine Escape is doing the same thing.

I have a few questions for you.

1. Did you verify the pumps are working? If so check the hoses for kinks and check the nozzles for clogs. Use a pin or needle to clean the nozzles if they are clogged.

2. Do you have voltage to the pumps? You can check with a volt/amp meter.

3. Have you verified that the fuse(s) is/are not blown, If so replace and find out why the fuse blew. Look for chaffed wires. Pay close attention to wires under clamps. Sometimes the clamps can rub the insulation and cause a short.

Sometimes a fuse will blow for not apparent reason other than it's just old or all the stars have aligned perfectly to cause it to blow. I have had that happen on two occasions.

My pump was gone. Replaced it and now both front and back work. Fuses were good. Thanks for the other suggestions. Sandra

Which pump did they replace, the front or back pump (or both). Just curious, mine does not work front or back like yours did?

only one pump for both windows.

My pump doesn't pump. Bench tests ok, wipers work, fuse 45 looks good, but there isn't power gong to the pump. Help!

09 Tribute, both wipers work but no washer on front or back. The pump is bi directional and is fused thru the front windshield wiper fuse. If the wipers work but the pump doesn't, ether the pump is bad or the connection on the pump is corroded. Loosen the inner fender well panel, disconnect the pump and check for power in the connector when the washer button pi pressed. If you have power, clean the connections and reconnect. Does it work? If not, replace the pump.

Thanks to my Son in Law, Mike....

I checked the pump. it is good. And I checked the fuses they are good too. there are no voltage at the connector when I switched on the pump.Now I doubt the switch has gone.

Also check if pump clogged some places that check your fluid levels top off with cheap fluid that can clog your system

Where r the fuses located?

Brian will be eternally grateful.