Model A1502 / 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel processor / Released October 2013

How to turn on without power button?

Il would like to know how can i turn on my macbook A1502 without power button.

I saw that in this model they are not power on pads.

THX

Just plug it in. If it doesn't detect a power button it will turn on automatically. However, if you turn it off you will not be able to turn it back on again until you unplug the battery and plug it back in. You will be able to restart it, but not shut it off. If it dies you will have to unplug the battery again to get it to turn on.

If you plug it in and it doesn't power on then you need to unplug the battery and plug it back in.

If it still doesn't work you need a new logic board.

If it does work you need a new palmrest/keyboard.

Hi there.

If you have the MagSafe plugged in you can short the 5-6 pin on the keyboard connector. This will manually power on just about any mac laptop.

Best regards,

CleverTech

I accidentally peeled off one of the power on pads (one that is positioned near the keyboard connector of Macbookpro 8.2 A1286. Is this will additionally effect the symptoms of not turning on un my laptop? Thanks.

chrdealmeida will be eternally grateful.