The fifth Google Nexus phone. Officially announced on October 31, 2013, it sports a 4.95" 1080p display, a 2.26 GHz Snapdragon processor, and LTE support. Powered by Android 4.4.2, KITKAT. Manufactured by LG.

Screen moving up and down randomly...shaking?

Hi I've had a nexus 5 device for almost an year...no issues..then a few days ago my screen started shifting up and down at will...I might have dropped it but if at all it was no more than 2..3 feet..this happens on any app..even home screen...like the screen gets wrapped around and the top part shifts up and comes back up from below...js keeps shaking...i can type perfectly if only i can click at the right place...neither the glass nor the image appears broken...stock software...help!

I have the same issue it even happen in recovery mode too, definitely hardware issue

Did you check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pks4idq...

Looks like flex cable issue. I haven't tried it yet.

I fixed this problem by replacing the daughter board(Check step 8 on the ifixit article: Nexus 5 teardown) that contains Micro-USB port, Microphone, Notification LED, etc. Nexus 5 definitely has a major hardware flaw.

Most Helpful Answer

I faced the same problem on my Nexus 5 recently (after more than 2 years of usage). I was able to fix this problem by opening the back panel and pressing the flex cable (which might have gone loose) on connection areas.

In some cases the flex cable might have got damaged resulting in this issue. If that's the case with your phone (i.e. if even after the above procedure, the flickering persists), you can try replacing the Flex Cable. Check "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pks4idq... for flex cable replacement.

i had the same probleme with my phone and i do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5DvIZw...

it work for screen too, it's the same cable.

i even try to change the daughter board but this look like a motherboard connecteur problem.

Wait.. This is a permanent fix for the screen shaking\flickerng? Please respond because I need a permanent fix.

Replace the PCB board that contains the Micro-USB port (the one at the bottom).

Search for the following.

LG Nexus 5 USB port flex cable complete assembly.

Make sure you get a complete assemble (which includes the black plastic) otherwise its a tough job transferring the double sided tape.

I purchased Nexus 5 LG from Amazon in 2014. Since last week, the screen has started flickering and shaking. I believe I made a mistake. I got excited after experiencing Nexus 4 Samsung. Google should have continued with Samsung, but not LG. Any help is welcome. Cheers. (N. L. Vijaykumar, Brazil)

Does your phone become hot while shaking??

Old thread but for anyone in the future asking this, I had the same problem and replaced the charging port. There's a good YouTube tutorial here and I found the part on Newegg here. I bought from that seller and had no issues. The replacement itself is pretty easy and it seemed to fix the problem.

hi everyone had the same issue few weeks back. i browsed regarding this problem. most of them said it was solved with changing the flex cable. i was then in vizag. showed it in lg service centre. they said we have to change the display. went to another shop he to said the same. i was not convinced. later i showed to in hyderabad at lg service centre again. i was ready to change the display. i just told him what i read in internet. to my shock he just changed the flex cable and issue was resolved. i just felt both guys in vizag wanted to make money. felt it is my responsibility to share this with u all. CHANGE THE FLEX CABLE.

hello!,I really like your writing very a lot!

percentage we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your

article on AOL? I require an expert on this space to solve

my problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to see you.<a href=http://softwaresdaily.com/gridinsoft-tro...>gridinsoft-trojan-killer-2017</a>

Plz help me I need my phone fixed I just got this phone two days ago

I am tired of using nexus serise now :) Last time I have faced camera crash problem, then battery drain, and from yesterday screen shaking !!!

I don't know how to fix it, do anyone have its solution. I will never buy nexus series again :(

Score -1

dev will be eternally grateful.